Andy Bultitude
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a pre-order with Amazon (or at least my gf does, belated Xmas present). We received notification that they are struggling to get stock. Does anybody have further details?

Edit: typo..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Shin00bie wrote:
I have a pre-order with Amazon (or at least my gf does, belated Xmas present). We received notification that they are struggling to get stock. Does anybody have further details?

Edit: typo..

Im impressed the pre-order option is even offered on your Amazon. Ours doesnt even offer that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cyrenne
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmb
The status on Fantasy Flight's site has gone from February back to 1st quarter 2014, so it looks like it has been delayed again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many retailers and distributors have had trouble keeping up with demand for every X-wing expansion so far. I don't think Imperial Aces will be any more "limited" than other expansions. I'm sure FFG would love for there to be enough supply for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course they are struggling to get stock, it's not out yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shin00bie wrote:

What I do know is that out of my two board game Amazon preorders to date, two were delayed by 3-4 months. For those keeping track, that's an Epic Fail Rate of roughly 100%.

I don't do Amazon preorders any more, I'm not stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Bultitude
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexis wrote:
Of course they are struggling to get stock, it's not out yet.

Sometimes retailers are able to make predictions, based on the release date of an item, as to when they might be able to stock it. I was notified in this instance by Amazon that the original despatch date they had given us was no longer valid, for the reason they were having problems confirming their own delivery.

Anyway, not a big issue, just wondered if it was a symptom of something moresinister.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Shin00bie wrote:

What I do know is that out of my two board game Amazon preorders to date, two were delayed by 3-4 months. For those keeping track, that's an Epic Fail Rate of roughly 100%.

You do know that a manufacturer delaying the release of a product has nothing to do with Amazon, or anyplace else that does preorders for that matter, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
haslo wrote:
Shin00bie wrote:

You do know that a manufacturer delaying the release of a product has nothing to do with Amazon, or anyplace else that does preorders for that matter, right?

Of course I'm talking of delays after the product was widely available from other venues. Amazon just didn't order enough stock to cover all their preorders (and my preorder was over a month prior to release in both cases).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.