Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
I was really looking forward to this game as I had only played it once as a two player game. I lost that game but took from it some valuable lessons and observations that would help me in the next game. I was loaded for bear and I was expecting to wipe the floor with the other less experienced players.

I started by playing for second place in the areas that had preprinted fountains and placing in as many areas that others were not fighting in. Instead of saving any cards in the first round for auctions I made sure that I used all my cards to place buildings. Well with this brilliant strategy I came in fourth in the first round. I suspect a conspiracy as it seemed I was challenged in every area by a different player.

I managed to get out of my deep depression long enough to get a second place nailed down permanently in a draw an extra card area but the others were still racking up the points at an alarming rate. Stephen and Karen were taking first places from me as soon as I acquired them and Marianna was quietly (too quietly) grabbing seconds and a few firsts in areas. Marianna did place in one area with fountains so as to permanently take first .

Steve won this game with 46 pts. Karen had 42, Marianna had 40 and I shocked everyone with my flawless playing and scored 35. Ok two games in last place, I knew I would do better.
Ratings: David 8, Karen 9, Marianna 8, Stephen 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.