Lee Ridehalgh
msg tools
Firstly many thanks to whoever created the custom templates, a few hours of messing about and I've figured out how to work it

This is really going to expand our game for the better, I'm bursting with ideas so I thought I'd share and let the community pillage or use my ideas as they see fit.

I'll post all my card designs here, comments, feedback and ideas are very welcome:

First up Picard Maneuver and Tachyon Network

Picard Maneuver: In my head this is a dangerous move so I've designed it with significant rewards but also high risk.

Tachyon Network: I spent many cups of tea pondering this but I don't think its overpowered, the cloaked ships still get defence but it does cost them actions over two turns. The flip side is the Fed's are using actions to force cloaked ships hands so hopefully balanced.
You'll need to make tokens!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think yours is the fourth or fifth itteration of the Picard Manuever :p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Ridehalgh
msg tools
DonMegel wrote:
I think yours is the fourth or fifth itteration of the Picard Manuever

Not surprised there I'm working on Duras Sisters Ship, Captain Card and Talent so hopefully an original there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tachyon network is really cool in concept and effects, but feels a bit too complex in execution. I'd make it a discard or something though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Ridehalgh
msg tools
adorablerocket wrote:
Tachyon network is really cool in concept and effects, but feels a bit too complex in execution. I'd make it a discard or something though.

Agreed its a mouthful to explain but I've played it a few times in smaller games and its just token placing then watching for cloaked ships and flipping their cloak. Any fed ship with a token already done an action.

Discard may well be a good idea, I've got some mates coming round for a big game at the weekend so I'll keep that in mind when I use it and edit if needed.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Ridehalgh
msg tools
A few more for you have a gander at....

They are pretty much all obvious, costing on Romulan Kirk correct? I'm gonna try that this weekend my laughing at the thought of Kirk sneaking around may give my intentions away though....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These are pretty good. I really do want a Troi card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Ridehalgh
msg tools
adorablerocket wrote:
These are pretty good. I really do want a Troi card!

Thanks, need the mother to complete the set?

For anyone who is unfamiliar with Lwaxana she has a habit of distracting Picard!

Also a few more cheap elite talent cards:

The Cheers! series for those moments when the enemy mess up and you want to rub just a little more salt in the wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That whole Cheers series is WAY undercosted for what they do, especially target locking a cloaked ship without an action. I'd say 5 for Cheers and 4 for Illogical and even that may be cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Ridehalgh
msg tools
jmdt784 wrote:
That whole Cheers series is WAY undercosted for what they do, especially target locking a cloaked ship without an action. I'd say 5 for Cheers and 4 for Illogical and even that may be cheap.

Thanks for the feedback it helps perfect things You may be right

Firstly I think I need to adjust the wording as I never intended it to mean you could target lock a fully cloaked ship, only a ship that could be target locked under normal circumstances and it would be free as it didn't cost an action.

I'd be interested to hear what you think about the costing if I place the card in context to the game in my mind, I'll explain my thinking if you'll indulge me...

I designed the card so it could only be used if a ship moved into your firing arc before you moved, straight away this card is useless if you assign it to a Captain with a low skill point as he will probably be one of the first to move and take an action so few opportunities for a cheap ship and a cheap captain to broadside a flagship with a cheap buff.

The movement side of the card is an opportunity for you to keep that ship in your fire arc by adjusting your move, something players will generally be avoiding anyway so I think, hence the name, it won't be easy to set up the trap unless mistakes are made.

The card is really designed for a med to high skill Captain who will generally be on a well kitted out ship and will have cost a lot of points to put together already, he is the one who will have the choice of targets as he's higher up the movement chain.

Add to that it takes up your elite slot and most importantly, its one use only which I think really weighs in on the point costing.
That attack will either be awesome or not its in the hands of the dice gods and a gamble imho.

Attack Pattern Delta Card allows a complete reroll of your defence for 3 points and is a strong get out jail card, my cards in question are just helping you set up an attack.

Maybe its worth 3, it needs play testing I'd be interested to hear anymore feedback.

Your right about Illogical it was supposed to be 2 points the same reasoning applies though as the ability is only really of any use to a med to high skill captain.

Feedback please I may well be missing something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Ridehalgh
msg tools
A few more Cards:

I've costed the Fed Boarding Party as I don't think its a brutal as the Klingon one.

The Romulan one is costed the same as the Klingon Boarding Party, it does more permanent damage but on a smaller scale.

I would like feedback as always, I'm a bit concerned about the Viridium Patch costing for what it does.

I think extend shields, as a Fed Tech is about right as those shields aren't cheap to replace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
Good work some cards may need some editing but experience will tell.

love it keep up the good work

the ideas the community comes up with is amazing and the the choice of photos spot on

live long and prosper

time to buy some more ink for the printer LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
viking657 wrote:
A few more Cards:

I've costed the Fed Boarding Party as I don't think its a brutal as the Klingon one.

The Romulan one is costed the same as the Klingon Boarding Party, it does more permanent damage but on a smaller scale.

I would like feedback as always, I'm a bit concerned about the Viridium Patch costing for what it does.

I think extend shields, as a Fed Tech is about right as those shields aren't cheap to replace.

I think these might be the best ones yet. Simple, clear and reasonably costed. I particularly like the Viridium patch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are great, viking657. If you are "accepting requests", I would love to see an "Access Code" Elite Talent. I defer to you for the text, but my thought is Action: Target a Federation ship in range 1 that has a non-Federation captain. Disable all of the target ship's shields. This Talent can only be taken by a Federation captain.

Perhaps the card should be disabled or even discarded after being used.

I have no thoughts on the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.