Popular Tags: [View All]
David Forteza
Spain
ALCORCON
MADRID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought D-Day at Omaha Beach today at my FLGS and there they were!!! Two brand new The Hunters copies in shrink....still waiting for my pre-order to arrive cry since GMT messed up with the shipping.... Vassal module is awesome but I just need to push those counters arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that sucks.

I can understand the frustration there....sheesh. I hope your GMT order arrives soon. Obviously you've gotten it fixed.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Sorry also, David. I hope it arrives soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Doyle
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain. Ordered a copy, had a dispatch email and then a day later had an email stating that actually there wasn't enough stock and my order was actually cancelled.

Unfortunately the time between the dispatch email and the cancellation email coincided with the time that everywhere in the UK seems to have sold their only copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barr
United Kingdom
Ballyclare N.Ireland
Co Antrim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Try Hexasim (French suplier) that is where I obtained mine from and at decent price

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Hexasim are very reasonable but not the fastest at dispatching, so if you are feeling impatient...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m p
England
flag msg tools
That's exactly what I fear Jason. I have ordered from a company who claimed to have some in stock, now their website says they don't and I haven't heard anything back from them yet regarding my order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Doyle
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sgt Steiner wrote:
Hi

Try Hexasim (French suplier) that is where I obtained mine from and at decent price

Cheers, will keep an eye on them. None in stock but says back in stock soon so maybe they have more on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willow Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
Never drop a crate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Got caught out with my usual OLGS (nearest we have to a local store is a few Euros at a comic store) so I missed out on this first batch.

I just wish I could preorder the GMT/Legion/MMP stuff I like, but customs charges make it practically impossible to justify the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS has their copies (2) on the shelf as of Tuesday noon. Happy to check price for our overseas friends and pass that info along. Games here can still work out less with me shipping them for someone if they needed, especially for UK buyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Doyle
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
My FLGS has their copies (2) on the shelf as of Tuesday noon. Happy to check price for our overseas friends and pass that info along. Games here can still work out less with me shipping them for someone if they needed, especially for UK buyers.

Cheers, would be interested in finding out how much would likely cost. Looks like UK stock is really limited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Langdon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same, didn't receive copy after order in UK.

What happened, I do not believe every single retailer in the UK suddenly ran out of stock on sheer weight of preorders ? I checked 6 retailers and all immediately out of stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FR stock too, all online french stores I know are now out of stock. They all had a few copies in the first days of january.

My own copy came from GMT P500 preorder, get it on December, 31th: a good way to begin 2014.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys

Sorry ...I got the last one from Hexasim who despatched the next day and it arrived the following day ...so pretty quick turnaround ...( wish they would post an updated version of the English rules for Napoleon Against Europe as quickly please )

I was reliably informed the shortages in UK appear to be the fact that Esdevium under ordered from GMT therefore UK shops and online stores were restricted to how many they could order from Esdevium hence OOS so quickly ...and not forgetting its a great game

Some of the support for this game has been excellent with loads of play aides created and designer, publisher support ...excellent ...

My only slight criticism is I have had to print out new version of rules plus erratad charts ...but this seems to be on par with a lot of wargames,
...GMT in particular having a run of bad luck ...with issues Navojo wars, supreme commander to name some recent ones ( I say this nervously as last time I passed a comment on GMTs errata I was bombarded with all sorts of nasty emails from ardent GMT fans )!

From a personal point of view I would have preferred bigger counters but thats because my eyes are fading with old age ...the ones with the game are adequate ...at least they are nice a thick ...

Maybe if sales allow a more deluxe version may come forth in the future I for one would certainly pay for component upgrades ...bigger counters thicker play mats etc ...but again all that is in the box works as is and it's just a personal preference...

Happy gaming

Ric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forteza
Spain
ALCORCON
MADRID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IT ARRIVED Just came back from Post Office oh boy oh boy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Borgelin
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I ended up in a bit of a panic buy. Tried to get a copy from my usual outlet but no joy! I have been waiting to get a copy of this as soon as I knew of its existence ...like others here pre-ordering in the UK isn't really an option as taxes and Post Office handling charges kill the deal straight off. I was very lucky and Gameslore were able to source a copy for me and got it to me the very next day....the relief ...I have never anticipated a game quite so much as this one and I thought that I had missed out on this first wave...fortunately not!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Raymond
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi

I know what you mean about failing eye sight, but all is not lost. I've run two patrols already and haven't even punched anything out. I am keeping a log on paper, plain lined paper, listing what is going on.

When I encounter a ship I list it, tonnage, hits, damage, and torps used.
On the right side I record the torpedoes left.

I haven't had any damage yet, but that too can be noted.

I put the u-boat matt and charts in front of me, with rules nearby.

The counters might come in useful some day, but I can put my mission away at any point and resume later with just my notes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
David and Andrew -- so happy to hear the game has arrived for the both of you. Enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.