Subject: Elder Ratings in Playbook rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth Cooper
United Kingdom
Gateshead
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the planning phase runthrough on p7 of the Playbook, the example indicates that the three elders to the left can make rolls of 1-2, 1-2 and 1, but the board clearly shows no number below the leftmost elder (I assume this is 0, an automatic fail?), 1 and then 1-2 for the third elder.

How is it that each of the elders in the playbook are able to make rolls? I've looked for mention of this in the FAQ/errata and in the forums here. Have I missed something?

[ Edit- yes, I've missed the second part of Step 2! shake ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that the elders move to the left before you take actions with them, so they will end up on 1, 1-2, and 1-2 when you roll. You will never have an elder on the leftmost space when you go to take actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Holle
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Importantly, the leftmost also can not die during Passage of Time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Cooper
United Kingdom
Gateshead
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response -

I've just spotted where I missed it while carrying out a second planning action. I had referred to the picture in the playbook and should have realised that it's showing the result of Step 1 - the elders had not yet been moved along (Step 2 after collecting APs).

Nevertheless I rolled three 6's and so their wisdom was once again not forthcoming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.