Subject: YA Thunderstone randomizer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Organic Farmer
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hi all,

This project was a way for me to learn MarionetteJS and MV* style architecture with JavaScript. I thought I'd release to you all what I've come up with so far.

http://thunderstone.besz.ca/

I've optimized the app for mobile devices. More updates will likely come in the future. Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Cheers.

Edit: Forgot to mention to click on the "I" icon for brief instructions. They change with the page. The only thing to really be aware of is that you can repick cards by swiping them.

Edit 2: I plan on having controls that allow the user to set the number of cards for each type. For example, instead of eight village cards, the user can set "between 8 and 12", etc. I just have to figure out the best way to display the controls. jQuery.Mobile is going to rewrite the way it handles rangesliders, so I'm kinda waiting for that. In the meantime, you can always swipe a card to pick an additional one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Looks really nice (from Safari 5.1.10, Mac OS 10.6.8). Good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vsevolod Vodonenko
msg tools
Great job. Works fine on my HTC One.

Are you planning on adding the new pack coming out in April, or Numenara?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Organic Farmer
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Vsev88 wrote:
Great job. Works fine on my HTC One.

Are you planning on adding the new pack coming out in April, or Numenara?

Yes, I will update the card list with Worlds Collide once I have my hands on it. I've just updated the list with Numenera and the Starter Set. Thanks for reminding me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Brøchner
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good.
Will try it out on Monday when I'm going to play my first game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron J
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, a solid, nicely-designed, and (most importantly) up-to-date Thunderstone randomizer!

Works great on my Nexus 7 - thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schlobotnik
msg tools
mbmb
Dude, best Thunderstone randomizer I've seen yet! I only have one - hopefully small - issue. The village cards come out as just any 8 village cards without respecting the maximums of each type of card. i.e. there should be no more than 3 each of Weapons, Spells or Villagers and no more than 2 Items. Could you please fix it to take these into account?

Alternatively - if this would be easier - could you add the ability to remove the sort on the Village cards? This would allow one to simply work down the list, then replace cards that go over one of the limits above while maintaining full randomness.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Organic Farmer
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Greensabre27 wrote:
The village cards come out as just any 8 village cards without respecting the maximums of each type of card.

Hey, that's really interesting! I never play with the board and I don't recall seeing any maximums in the rule books. I plan on implementing sliders once I have the time, and this would be a decent option to add. I'll keep it in mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your randomizer! Looking forward for the option to have the Thunderstone Advance village card limit option added!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spwarf Dwank
msg tools
A M A Z I N G !!!! Thanks!!!! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Organic Farmer
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
It was on the back burner for a while, but I put in the controls to specify card count ranges. You can also set ranges for each type of Village card (i.e. Item, Weapon, Spell, or Villager). There's also now a saving feature, so if you accidentally refresh a new set of cards, you can recall the old one (I hate confirmation popups).

Oh, I added the Into the Abyss and Worlds Collide card sets.

Couple of things:

- There is still an odd bug. If you check off a replaced card in the results and scroll, sometimes other cards will be checked as well if they're touched during the scroll. This happens on my iPhone. To avoid this, I scroll using the edges of the screen. It's a bug in jQuery Mobile as far as I can tell. I'll keep an eye on a solution.
- In the future I might add more intelligent randomization. For example, if a monster requires Magic Attack to be defeated, there should be an item or hero in the village that grants Magic Attack.

http://thunderstone.besz.ca/

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Baughman
United States
Moses Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang...this isn't working correctly anymore. It won't pick the monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Organic Farmer
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
LoweringTheBar wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure what caused that. It's been fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
siddhartha wrote:
LoweringTheBar wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure what caused that. It's been fixed.

You're awesome! Thanks so much for doing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.