Subject: Mechas! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
everybody knows that in the future the airplanes will be able to transform into mecha!

I was wondering if anyone has rule suggestions for how to implement this in this campaign. My idea is that for every pilot (of the lates models) needs a mecha token to represent them when they are in the mecha form. These would have a third alltidue (G) for ground. Ground could provide + to evasion from (L) low altitude attacks. And maybe new site tokens could be needed for the enemy (cultist tanks etc, and monsters/horrors) that provide challenge for the ground battle. New targets and events are needed that take mechas in consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, this would make a pretty excellent addition to TAL... or a merging point between the two games. Don't know exactly how that would work, though. Maybe create some hexes like in Apache Leader and code them to certain target cards.

Also, since mecha is an extremely broad term, you'd have to go specify exactly what "type" you're talking about; that is, are we talking the slow Battletech style things, or the fast guys from most anime? Presumably the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eypyeash wrote:
... or the fast guys from most anime? Presumably the latter.

I have a thought about including Yukikaze for HL:CAO CC ninja

(I've already made it but I'll post it when I test it so it may take a lot o time, untill then I may sent beta file through mail if anyone would be interested).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I will preorder any game with the name MECHA SQUAD LEADER in a jiffy

Here are some mech sketches. Enjoy!

c08mk wrote:
eypyeash wrote:
... or the fast guys from most anime? Presumably the latter.

I have a thought about including Yukikaze for HL:CAO CC ninja

(I've already made it but I'll post it when I test it so it may take a lot o time, untill then I may sent beta file through mail if anyone would be interested).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this sort of thing? :

Rangers Project: Salamander Mech 15mm Scale Miniature

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1775808803/rangers-proj...

(I am not shill for the K/S or creators -- I just like me some chrome for my games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stat Kosakry
msg tools
It is a very long way from the sketches to the game. I;ve develope some game for my own pleasure - a lot of work and playtesting often but fortunatelly not always) shows the game is not intresting despite the idea. But I believe the idea is cool. How about Macross (not robotech) fan-made leader conversion? Have ideas, but have no artist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.