1 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Naval Warfare - meeting new friends over old games on the Internet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
A couple of stories.

A few years back I acquired from an old friend all his Naval Minis and sundries - most of our gaming was based on homebrew combining two systems - Seapower II- and Clear for Action.

Well, it seems another group of enthusiasts has found me via post here on BGG and they have provided me with updated data files!

You will see a post here on an AAR about Clear for Action. This is the super fellow who contacted me.

Clear For Action event at WinterCon 2013

===============

Item two - a related DOS based game by Bruce R. Hugo was shareware favorite of mine on my old 286 and 386 PCs - and I returned to it with DosBox on XP a couple of years back.

Wanted the full version - dug around, located the designer, and he was shocked people still played it.

He posted it in 2012 on the Internet Archive.

I think it is a dead brilliant DOS game; one of the finest naval surface warfare tactical games made - if you don't mind what looks like naval plots on a map - no fancy ship graphics - a scalable map that looks like what a plotter might use.

https://archive.org/details/SeaBattle_1020
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.