Subject: Arab Revolt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Vargas
United States
Palisades Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The Arab Revolt card has been played. The Turks were not eliminated in the opening combat.

Since The Hejaz region is contested, is either side considered in disrupted supply for future activations and RPs? Would it make a difference if the Arabs captured the space and then the Turks later on contested it?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Arabs are always in full supply. The Turks are always in at least limited supply (they're both sitting on a supply source). The Turks may or may not be in full supply, depending on whether they can trace to a full supply source. But in any event, no one is in disrupted supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vargas
United States
Palisades Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Follow-up questions to make sure I understand supply. The region of Southern Persia has a port. Provided a supply source such as India is free of enemy tribes/enemy units, are Allied units in S. Persia in disrupted supply? How about Turkish units in contested S Persia who trace an unobstructed path to a supply source? Is control of the region relevant to supply status?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
11.2.2.2.a "Enemy units that can remain in supply only by tracing supply
through (or out of) a Disrupted space are in Disrupted Supply. The
space they occupy costs +1 OPS to Activate, and units in Disrupted
Supply pay +1 SR point to SR and pay double RPs to repair, just as
if tracing supply through an Uprising Marker (see 14.1.7). There is
no additional penalty for being forced to trace supply through more
than one Disrupted space"

If the space itself is a supply source, then the units relying on the supply source are not [/I] tracing supply through or out of [/I] the space.

Southern Persia is a different case because it is not a supply source. Hence, if it were Disrupted, units in it would be tracing supply out of it (whether by sea or land).

I'm assuming for your questions there is a CP tribe in Southern Persia. If so, allied units would be in disrupted supply if (and only if) the tribe was there first on its own (thereby making the space disrupted). Turkish units would be fine, it is only irregulars and tribes that disrupt supply. Control of the region therefore matters in as much as if the region is in Disrupted control then units tracing supply out of it are in disrupted supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.