Subject: scenario 5 ...how can you win ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this scenario 5 times now an the germans are not able to win at all.
The guns only shot 3 times a round and often are supressed on a 1-4 or with weapon team 1-6.... so normally it only lastes 2-3 rounds until there are sooo many americans, it is impossible to withstand.

I hold the bridge 2 times until turn 5...but the FOUR new americans coming from the north...impossible...

Do we play something wrong or is it really hard time for germans.
Any strategy suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually see this one go the distance, to turn 4 or 5. I do think the Americans are favored, but it can often come down to the last unit or two available being able to pass morale (or not get op fired on) to make it to the bridge. I am recalling winning as the Germans at least once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm do not know how it can work..you have 6 Units... in round 2 the american has 6-8 units. He will run and jump on your gun for sure because it has no final op. Happend all the time and there is nothing you can do about it..because if you want to put a unit for protection there..it get op fired before it arrived. Also you have 2 decoys which are absolutly useless. Because you only have three units and it does not conceal anything.... One of the main problems : you can not transfer units/decoys over the bridge...they are seen ->unconcealed..and normally shot..

Maybe if I only roll 1s for a whole game I see a chanceshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the SE scenarios ARE rather one-sided. Note that in the latest (GP) rules Guns CAN use Final Op Fire at targets in their frontal hexes. OTOH the Casualty Rating of FlaK 88s is now 5/2 (they didn't provide much protection for their large crew) and the minimum result rule will also increase the effectiveness of fire against them.

Decoys are never TOTALLY useless, at worse they are something you can Use for Ops Range purposes (a common attacker tactic when I play is to force the defender to commit all of his units so you can move without any unexpected countermoves).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.