Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Colonizing conquered systems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd 89_STL
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
If you "invade" another player's hex or a hex with ancients by moving ships into it, then win during the combat phase, you can place an influence disk after winning the combat. My question is: can you colonize right after you place the disc (to get income on the upcoming upkeep phase), or do you have to wait until the next round? The rules seem to say that you can colonize at any time during your action, but it's not your action or turn at the end of the combat phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can colonize assuming you have the ships for it. If you look at the back of the action phase cards it specifically says, that you can use any unused colony ships.

This is done during the Upkeep phase before performing your civilization upkeep.

from the rulebook page 24 wrote:
Upkeep Phase
Colony Ships
First, you may activate one or more of your remaining Colony Ships (see Colony Ships on page 8) and move Population Cubes to hexes. Contrary to the Action Phase, you may not move cubes to hexes containing enemy Ships.

Civilization Upkeep
Collect your Income and pay your Civilization Upkeep cost...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Leavitt
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you can colonize it, as long as you have colony ships available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a rule book in front of me but I'm pretty sure that you're allowed to place an influence disk if you win the combat and you've bombed your opponent completely out of the system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plaid_Dragon wrote:
I don't have a rule book in front of me but I'm pretty sure that you're allowed to place an influence disk if you win the combat and you've bombed your opponent completely out of the system.

Technically you can place your influence disk if there is no disk there (whether combat happened or not). You remove your opponents disk after the last of their population is removed from the hex (or if there is none of their population in the hex).

In upkeep (the phase after combat) the first part is colonizing where you have disks (independent of if you just got the territory, or if you already had the hex)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.