Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sallay
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Invasion:

Zombies are assaulting the boundaries of your Kingdom. Quickly build the Tower to defend your Kingdom, research spells and grow your population enough to hold them off.

- Set-up for yourself as normal.
- Use a marker to indicate the number of Rounds. (1 Round is 5 actions.)
- When you place an Action token you may take that Action OR Gather Resources.
- Quest allows you to go anywhere on your Territory.
- For any War, the War Points of the Zombies is the same value as the Round Marker.
- At the end of every round, after you have played all actions but before advancing the round marker, Zombies attack. Take an unused player token and place on any legal space on your territory. If there are no legal spaces you loose.

You win by meeting any of the Normal Victory conditions. Try and get the highest score!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the simplicity of this solo-play variant - it seems similar to mine "Dark Armies" only less complex and without any randomness to it. Since there is no randomness there will be less tension (and aggrevation), but I imagine this would be fun to try out with different races and help to learn optimization of actions, until you know how to get the perfect score every time goo

Good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sallay
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also things like do I put two zombies on a single space, which I can never get back but I get to avoid war for two turns and save resources? Or should I hold off on war this turn when the zombie comes in and then next turn quest and patrol to kill two zombies? Lots of options.

I was aiming for KISS...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haunter V
Canada
flag msg tools
someone fit this onto a playing card sized template please... Dark Armies as well. I'd like to put them in my TEK-Tin when it arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haunter V
Canada
flag msg tools
FoxmanFX wrote:
Also things like do I put two zombies on a single space, which I can never get back but I get to avoid war for two turns and save resources? Or should I hold off on war this turn when the zombie comes in and then next turn quest and patrol to kill two zombies? Lots of options.

I was aiming for KISS...

I'd say they start on empty spaces, then player spaces before they begin doubling up on the empty spaces.

Question. how many territories are used?
It'd almost be possible to 'kite' the zombies if you use all territories and constantly quest constantly to run form them. If The rules are: zombies must fill a territory before they quest to a new territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HaunterV wrote:
FoxmanFX wrote:

I was aiming for KISS...

I'd say they start on empty spaces, then player spaces before they begin doubling up on the empty spaces.

Question. how many territories are used?
It'd almost be possible to 'kite' the zombies if you use all territories and constantly quest constantly to run form them. If The rules are: zombies must fill a territory before they quest to a new territory.

I may be wrong, but it looks like it's a single territory, so your options for expansion are limited (quest is same thing as patrol in this version). And you are going to have to keep them zombies off your back.

Also this solo-variant does not need a card due to its simplicity. I will be making a Dark Armies race card for solo play - though now the deluxe game doesn't come with six sided dice... a twelve will work though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Smith
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
This seems pretty legit. If I use it though, I'll probably exchange 'zombies' with 'slimes' or 'oozes'. They serve similar roles and fit the theme a bit better. IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ashmizen ashmizen
msg tools
This looks really good, I'll have to try it.

To add tension, and make it harder to plan everything perfectly, maybe make the zombie's war value vary +1/0/-1 by a dice roll (use a normal dice, 1-2 is -1, 3-4 is 0, 5-6 is +1).

If you want to be "sure" to win, all wars would cost 1 more. I think this will prevent players from "learning" this game and beating it 100%.

For super hard difficulty, just make it -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, which can add up to +3 to the zombie's war value! Roll a regular dice and subtract 3 from the result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FoxmanFX wrote:
Zombie Invasion:

Zombies are assaulting the boundaries of your Kingdom. Quickly build the Tower to defend your Kingdom, research spells and grow your population enough to hold them off.

- Set-up for yourself as normal.
- Use a marker to indicate the number of Rounds. (1 Round is 5 actions.)
- When you place an Action token you may take that Action OR Gather Resources.
- Quest allows you to go anywhere on your Territory.
- For any War, the War Points of the Zombies is the same value as the Round Marker.
- At the end of every round, after you have played all actions but before advancing the round marker, Zombies attack. Take an unused player token and place on any legal space on your territory. If there are no legal spaces you loose.

You win by meeting any of the Normal Victory conditions. Try and get the highest score!

I just played through with this variant. It's fairly easy. Using a die to modify the zombie value might help, but only at the beginning.

It's resource collection that probably needs a modifier. On turn 1 I got a unit on each of the three region types, from there it was over because I could defend any attack until the end game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Rhoden
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried this scenario and had the same results as Raithyn. It was fun to play, but very easy. I ended up placing all my meeples out, getting to the top of the tower, and maxing out my magic in the last round. I was having the zombies roll for the -1/0/+1 modifier after I bid for war. I think the -2/-1/0/+1/+2/+3 modifier should be used to make the game challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.