Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Curtis
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey everyone. Been really enjoying the game thus far. I have played a few 2 player games with my sons and last night a 3 player free-for-all. We had a good time. I think we generally have the rules are down but a few little things we wanted to confirm...

1 - Siege units. They can attack anything on the battlefield OVER long range (i.e. longer then stick) but not less than? They also don't pay attention to LoS but do pay attention to other location conditions...correct?

2 - On Command car selection. We just did it where the last person takes cards and picks one and then pass deck to next person etc...with 1st initiative picking last each card choice. Didn't see this outlined in manual but may have missed it?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Siege weapons can attack anything at any range short and up. The difference is if they are attacking beyond long range then only critical hits can cause damage. If they are attacking within short-long range normal rules apply. Siege weapons are blocked by line of site the same as any other unit.

For command card selection there are no rules other then no duplicate cards by name or only certain cards with certain factions/races. So if you are making your own units off 1 set then you'll have to decide how you want to do it on your own. Reverse initiative seems fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Siege can attack at all ranges and only take the hit penalty for any shot beyond long range. Not sure on the line of site questions...

2. I believe command cards are to be chosen by each player before the game starts; however, I really like your draft technique!

ninja by kryyst
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it makes sense line of sight is blocked by terrain, even for siege range units. After all, you can't shoot something you can't see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.