Legendary: Dark City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Iceman's superpowers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm slight confused about Ice Man's superpowers

Pretty much all his cards state get (+1 attack/ +1 recruit/ +1 draw a card) for every ranged hero you've played this turn.

Does that mean played before this card (as in triggering a superpower) or played this turn at all (as in Jean Grey's "whenever you rescue a bystander this turn")?

So if my hand cosists of 2 grey cards, 1 blue card (say ranged Jean Grey) and three of his attack cards, would my bonuses be +1 +2 +3 (counting those played to this point), or +3 +3 +3 (for all cards played this turn)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your first interpretation is correct, assuming you already played Another ranged card that turn. His cards say "played" past tense, and they are all superpowers I believe, so you'd have to play a ranged hero first just to trigger them anyway, and played means played prior to playing that card. If they are in your hand they have not yet been played. If it meant "whenever" it would have said so, and even in that instance it would only include cards played after it, not before it or in your hand.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Whitney Barnes

California
msg tools
That "Whenever" in some Jean Greys, and a few other cards, indicates that those cards react to triggering events that happen after the card is played. Iceman is like most cards, whose Fight and Recruit values are evaluated when the card is played, and not affected by anything played later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A follow up question about "Whenever", this time about Blade's powers:
Two of his cards state "whenever you defeat a villain in the sewers or rooftops this turn" (I hope I have the wording right).

A) Obviously it may trigger multiple times if I've fought 2 villains or more in those spaces (using storm's cyclone power or blade's own ability to move them about)

B) What if those cards were drawn after I've defeated said villain? I'd think there won't be any retroactive triggering but that "whenever" is throwing me off balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You're right, "whenever" only looks to the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.