Popular Tags: [View All]
Sarah Allen
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the past, with games with expansions, I've logged one play against the base game and each expansion, each time we've played. So, my total number of plays of all games is over-stated, but I can see that I've played 179 games of Race for the Galaxy, 120 of which included the Rebel vs. Imperium expansion.

If I follow this logic, each time we play Attack Wing I'd log it against the starter pack, and each individual ship expansion that was used in the game. It would be interested to see how many outings each ship got, but it's a bit of a faff!

What does everyone else do?

My OCD needs a system to follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point I only record it under the core set. I might start recording what fleet I used in the comments. That way I could look back and see what I played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:
At this point I only record it under the core set. I might start recording what fleet I used in the comments. That way I could look back and see what I played.

Same here, just list it under the core set.

Miniature games don't generally follow the trend most other boardgames do, in that the 'core set' is really more of a starter and not specifically intended to be a full game experience on its own.

I mean, you CAN play just the core set, but...it's more like using the 'intro' rules to various boardgames, it's not really 'playing the full game'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I record all of my plays under the base game as well. I do the same for Android: Netrunner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mb
Same here. As with most games, I just log it under the base game and if it matters to me, write in the comment what expansion I used.
So for Attack Wing I'll record ships used or how many points the game was in the comment. Not ideal if I want to do any statistics but if I absolutely want to know what ships were used how often then I could still look it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
msg tools
mbmb
bah,
I do enough record keeping at work, I have no interest in keeping track of ship/game use =P
I would rather just play the game =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I track just in the core set, although I'm tempted to put in the play log what my build was. That would help me if I ever go back to look for more details. I do indicate what OP event it was, if I won/lost, and how many points it was if it was a casual build.

It gets tough if you include the expansions because would you track the resources as well? Not all of the resources are available in the DB yet. I did submit entries for the Reinforcement Sideboard and the Flagships, but they haven't been approved by the BGG admins yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should also mention that I DO make sure to give my rating on all of the expansion. I feel that is more useful than tracking plays of individual expansions. How would you track it if you ran 2x Valdores and 2x RSV? 1 play? 2 plays? It would complicate things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't keep track of my games played. Often we run several games of several different game types in a day. Way to much work to come and log it all in. Record keeping is for work, not for play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
I don't keep track of my games played. Often we run several games of several different game types in a day. Way to much work to come and log it all in. Record keeping is for work, not for play.

This!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.