United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
That was a good video. Chock full of scientists who all agreed they don't understand how or why this is happening, can't tell us when it might stop, recede or increase, don't really know the relationship between this and "global" climate and all agree it's very complicated and has been happening for almost ever.

The perfect list of ingredients for a New Age religion. Confusion, fear, inexplicable environmental events and a priesthood that tells you it's too hard for you to understand but you must listen to them.

Looks to me like one solution is for the government to buy everyone an SUV, give us a free fuel card and tell us to drive everywhere to help pump enough gasses into the atmosphere to counter the coming Ice Age.

Works for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohh, I think you are wrong there. This thread is perfect for me.

I like my assorted nuts to be put in one bowl for easier snacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Drew, I applaud your willingness to talk to walls. Not a single one of the AGW thralls could withstand the ego-meltdown that they would experience if they were to ever acknowledge that they may not have been 100% right about 100% of everything and that a stupid bible-thumping moron like you might possess more critical thinking skills and common sense than any of them could obtain from any number of college course, game store counter discussions, .pdf's or daily visits to their favorite Libtard Echo Chamber.

On the other hand, it is fun to read the posts and the need they have to attack you or me or Bj personally rather than respond to any of the content.

Carry on you bible-thumping moron!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I better put on my socks under my flip flops, Drew thinks it's gonna get bitter cold on this sunny warm Texas winter day.

Make me shiver just thinking about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is worth stressing that most scientists believe long term global warming hasn’t gone away. Any global cooling caused by this natural phenomenon would ultimately be temporary, and if projections are correct, the long term warming caused by carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases would eventually swamp this solar-driven cooling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weather is not climate !!!!!! or something like that....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about the rest of you, but it cheers me greatly to see some new person show up and credit Drew with enough worthiness to actually attempt to engage him. I'm sure it won't last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I firmly believe that the new "little ice age" (if comparisons to the last time this happened are accurate) is going to be far more devastating than any global warming fantasies. Shorter growing seasons, smaller crop yields, increasing need for fuel for heating, rising prices on pretty much everything.

We'll probably see whole Scandinavian countries abandoned in a mass migration to Greece.

What a bore. Wake me up when one of these years is actually cold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

And again, you're quoting a famous slogan from September 2012. What happened in 2013?

According to the National Snow and Ice Data Center:

Quote:
Arctic sea ice extent for December 2013 was 12.38 million square kilometers (4.78 million square miles). The magenta line shows the 1981 to 2010 median extent for that month. The black cross indicates the geographic North Pole. Sea Ice Index data. About the data

Arctic sea ice extent for December was 12.38 million square kilometers (4.78 million square miles). This is 700,000 square kilometers or 270,300 square miles below the 1981 to 2010 average, making it the 4th lowest December extent in the 36-year satellite data record. Arctic sea ice expanded in December by 1.85 million square kilometers (714,000 square miles), slightly less than average, with some periods of very slow growth and even retreat as storms briefly pushed the sea ice edge northward.

So, Drew?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
jmilum wrote:

Well, it's clearly growing in 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Well, it's clearly growing in 2013.
But the tend is still towards, it's called taking out of context (also known as logic).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaGe Sandcastles wrote:

Imagine playing 5 sets of top level competitive Tennis in 43+ degrees.
I can't.

Imagine someone caring about "top level competitive tennis", I can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
Yep! Global Cooling is here. Blame Jolly Round Red Mr. Sun. He's just not so jolly right now.

Excellent website to become more informed about this topic:

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2007/05/start-...

Run by real climate scientists

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
You are vehemently ignoring the rebound of arctic ice last year, which I've mentioned above a few times.

jmilum wrote:

So, Drew?

Where'd he go!? I was looking forward to hearing his explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
You are vehemently ignoring the rebound of arctic ice last year, which I've mentioned above a few times.

jmilum wrote:

So, Drew?

In Drew's defense, that is one hell of a rebound from 2012 to 2013.

Sarcasm is allowed on RSP, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

When Drew is shown to be wrong, he ignores or disengages. He also doesn't like to answer questions. I figured he wouldn't respond...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.