Nimbul Nimbul
Germany
flag msg tools
I recently got the DC Heart of Cormyr and use it for a solo-campaign-play variant. This way i play Adventure 2 to 12 with the following campaign-rules:

Hero: Choose one Hero to play Adventure 2 to 12.

Treasure Tokens: When your Hero defeats one or more Monsters on your turn, you draw one Treasure Token. Most tokens represent gold, but some say "Treasure". If you draw a "Treasure" token, draw one Treasure Card.

Allies: You start your first adventure and every adventure thereafter with one Ally from the Ally-Deck. If the Ally survives the adventure, you use him/her in the next. If he dies, you shuffle him/her back in to the Ally-deck und draw one new random ally for the next adventure

Healing Sourges: You start every adventure with 3 Healing Sourges. You can use one Healing Sourge immediately to resurrect one dead ally.

Experience: Whenever your Hero rolls a natural 20 when making an attack roll or disable trap roll, your Hero can spend 5 Experience Points to:

- become 2nd level for the rest of the campaign
- to start every adventure with one additional Ally from the ally-deck (maximum 8) for the rest of the campaign
- to start every adventure with one additional Healing Sourge (maximum 5) for the rest of the campaign

Special Victory:

If you win the 2nd adventure, you gain the "Bypassed Guards" Boon Card. If you win the 6th adventure, you gain the "Dwarven Traders" Boon Card. If you win the 8th adventure, you gain the "Short Cut" Boon Card.

Between Adventures:
Your Hero keeps everything he founds in the previous adventure. He can use any gold he found to buy equipment. To determin what´s available for purchase, turn over 3 Treasure Cards.

Before you start the next adventure, you can exchange your Hero´s power with another power of the same type.

To start the next adventure, refresh your Healing Sourges. Enter the Dungeon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great. Pretty much how we play except the ally rules, and we level up to level 5.
I love the idea of one hero having 8 allies following him around!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the ally rule and running it with one character as basically everything runs itself and you have only your one character to worry about controlling. (like Fantasy Quest which is right down my alley)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.