tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, now. Are you playing on the FlOoR, SiR?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
Blasphemy!

No, that's a 6x4 plywood table. The curtains are half-length, so I can see how you might think I was playing on the floor.

Although I have played Jutland on the floor a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"A Truth thats told with bad intent Beats all the Lies you can invent It is right it should be so Man was made for Joy & Woe And when this we rightly know Thro the World we safely go Joy & Woe are woven fine A Clothing for the soul divine ."
mbmbmbmbmb
How many countersheets were you able to get though today?

Twilight in the east took me a week, but I have picked up speed in the last two years, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just the main French armies. Of course, I'm clipping as I go, and I also needed to refer to the rulebook quite a bit as I set up. I figure I'll finish the set-up by this weekend, going at a fairly leisurely pace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to mess around with the Lorraine scenario tomorrow in preparation for Tuesday night vassal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
St.John Wright
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two weeks into set-up, still on the French initial positions. I am doing half an hour every now and then. I think this is the least fun I have ever had setting up a wargame. Boy, I do hate the xx.xx style of hex numbering; I just cannot take to it like the (admittedly almost identical) xxxx system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished setting up and was playing the first turn when I jarred the table so badly I had to set the game up again. (Actually, I was rather unwisely trying to move my game table from one side of the room to the other with the game in situ.)

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The second time I set up I had a much better grasp of the rules, and also a much better understanding of the situation at start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael resch

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
SommeGrandads wrote:
Two weeks into set-up, still on the French initial positions. I am doing half an hour every now and then. I think this is the least fun I have ever had setting up a wargame. Boy, I do hate the xx.xx style of hex numbering; I just cannot take to it like the (admittedly almost identical) xxxx system.

Did you follow the set-up method suggested in the Scenrio Booklet? Personally I use a clip-board As a base on which to organize ALL the units of one nationality. Once organized set-up progresses very quickly.

As for xx.xx vs xxxx, there is no solution to that problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hastings
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started my mobilization memorial day weekend. I'm also clipping with my trusty 2mm clipper http://www.amazon.com/Radius-Corner-Rounder-Punch-Cutter/dp/... I've even clipped the army cards. It's slow going but the look is worth it and this is one of those games that deserves it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.