Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like the subject line says, does anyone have a spare core set box I could have? I bought a set, but it did not come with a box. I have the cards stored in ultrapro deckboxes, but I would like to have a cardboard box to store them in. I would pay shipping, obviously, if someone had a spare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original box is terrible for storage, just saying.

My storage right now is a gutted Thunderstone Advance box, before that it was something smaller, some cologne set's box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I am unsure how one empty box is better than another. Unless the box itself is trash, which ffg boxes are not. I dont remember thunderstone boxes being especially nice.

Anyway some has responded and is sending me a box. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
The original box is terrible for storage, just saying.

My storage right now is a gutted Thunderstone Advance box, before that it was something smaller, some cologne set's box.

I personally find that an FFG box along with an LCG organizer is the bet way to store your cards. See a review of those organizers in my BGG blog (http://boardgamegeek.com/blog/3149/a-geek-in-japan).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brodee ee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
did whatever you bought include cards from 2/3 core sets? if not, it would probably be worth it to just buy a core set and use that box.

if you aren't using some sort of organizer in the box, the original box is not a good option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
brodee wrote:
did whatever you bought include cards from 2/3 core sets? if not, it would probably be worth it to just buy a core set and use that box.

if you aren't using some sort of organizer in the box, the original box is not a good option.

The box comes with an organizer. When it becomes too small, flip it over. When that becomes too small, perform surgery on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use binders. One for corp, one for runner. It makes finding cards so much easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently using one of Magic's Holiday Gift Boxes. Big enough to hold everything, including dice and some extra sleeves, and it comes with dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.