Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
(sorry if I'm not using the proper English terminology, I only know the CZ localized version of the game)

If my character is being murdered by a normal murder-symbol on the card, thus in an area with a trouble marker and I play interruption card to prevent that or move my minion into a different area instead of removing him...
Is the trouble marker removed?

I mean, does a FAILED attempt to murder a minion remove the trouble marker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy. Remove the trouble marker when the minion is removed. Then use Gaspode (or another suitable interrupt). If the minion returns to the same area, insert a trouble marker there. If to another area, insert a trouble marker there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myyysha wrote:
(sorry if I'm not using the proper English terminology, I only know the CZ localized version of the game)

If my character is being murdered by a normal murder-symbol on the card, thus in an area with a trouble marker and I play interruption card to prevent that or move my minion into a different area instead of removing him...
Is the trouble marker removed?

I mean, does a FAILED attempt to murder a minion remove the trouble marker?

Trouble markers are removed when a minion leaves a region for whatever reason.

In the cases you describe, if you prevented the assassination so that the minion remained where it was, then the trouble marker would remain. If you caused the minion to move to a different region, then the trouble marker would be removed from the original region and possibly a trouble marker would be placed in the new region (if it already had at least one minion there).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Also, there are several cards removing minions "even when there is no trouble there" (Karcer, some of the random events etc.)
We understood that as, since you're removing a minion even without a trouble present, you don't remove any trouble marker possibly BEING present there, since it was not required for the given "murder".
Please confirm or disprove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myyysha wrote:
Thanks.

Also, there are several cards removing minions "even when there is no trouble there" (Karcer, some of the random events etc.)
We understood that as, since you're removing a minion even without a trouble present, you don't remove any trouble marker possibly BEING present there, since it was not required for the given "murder".
Please confirm or disprove.

From the rules section concerning trouble markers.

Quote:
As soon as a minion is moved or removed from an area, any trouble marker in the area is also removed (even if there are two or more minions remaining).

So if there is a trouble marker you remove it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, not requiring the trouble marker for the assassination is just a relaxed condition, it does not change the workings of the game.

(Edit: rephrased to something actually readable.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.