Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says something like this, which got me worrying that we're playing this wrong. Note that we have only played with two players so far.

We end up without the long forest tiles relatively quickly in our games, but definitely soon enough that three of the 15 cards become essentially useless as they need the long forest tiles to activate. So we get quite a lot of 'I'm playing this card but I can't use it', which is really frustrating.

Are we getting something wrong? Once a long forest tile is gone that's that, right? And in two players you both draw five cards, then take turns to play them and the other player has to reveal and play (up to two times) if they have the same card still in hand? And through the building period you go through all 15 cards because you select 5, play them through then lay them aside and select the next five from the remaining 10, then lay them aside and finally use the last five cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the last paragraph: No. All the 15 cards are awailable for selection of the 5 round cards each round. So it should not be difficult to avoid the situation you describe. If you have burned/chopped all the forests you just don't select those cards for the next round. Also I find it a bit strange that you should run out of forests "soon" in any game. In such a case you'll have to play all the ones requiring forests in two successive rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the rapid response, it looks like we got a rule VERY wrong indeed. We thought that in a building round you 'use' all fifteen cards over three rounds of selecting five cards per round.

wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow

That sounds positively game-breaking. Glad to be of any help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It didn't feel too odd (oddly). But we did end up with full tableaus and scores of 44 and 45.

In many ways, thank goodness we got it wrong. We enjoyed it but it did seem to go on a bit too long (three times as long as it should have done it seems) and the last building period seemed to be simply trying to up the resources on the wheel to maximise points from buildings.

Oh well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.