United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Here we go - more fear mongering. This prediction from Sciencey-types will be cake to track.

DANGER! DANGER! DANGER! WEATHER AHEAD!!!!

I'll summarize: Despite the fact that extreme El Nino weather conditions occur roughly every 15 years, as the publication implies, it's now been 16 years since the last 3 year weather horror show. But so what? If the public's fear of dying in a storm is lessening the important thing to do is predict more terrible storms. Which is what this article does. It predicts bad train coming.

But fortunately, it's all just a computer model so there's nothing here to see. Nonetheless all we have to do is come back every MLK day and revisit the subject. Since we're overdue already we simply check next year. No extreme El Nino? We just keep coming back every MLK day until we get a bad year and then the AGW Church members here can claim victory! Well, except for the prediction part where the rate of these events is likely to double. We'll need to come back every 7.5 years, on MLK day and build up a reliable set of stats to try and understand this. Or fuck that, just predict terrible things, attack anyone who doubts the predictions and keep screaming until the sheeples finally cringe in fear and ask AGW Priests to just take over their lives for them because it's too scary and frightening to live in a world with weather.

In the meantime I thought it amusing that the Climate Bishop from Oxford recommended repeating the entire study using local weather models for verification because "climate change" modeling lacks the needed resolution. Will one of you AGW boneheads here email that guy and tell him weather and climate are two separate things? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
By 'Lunatic' we should read 'Denier'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

Find me one reference in BGG where anyone has ever "denied" that climate exists, weather exists, climate changes, weather changes or claims that planet Earth is forever locked in a pattern of stable and easily predictable climate patterns.

In order to be a "denier" you actually have to deny something. Like that weather or climate exists. Right? So find me that RSP person and we can either discuss what a dipshit he/she is or we can ignore them forever and mock them.

No, by lunatic I mean member of the Church of AGW. A drone mimic of uber-policy that emits from the Church Hierarchy located somewhere on the internet. A person, usually one who protects himself from his own self-loathing by seeking out others he can pretend he's smarter than, and who feels that because he went to school an extra 4 years he is qualified to validate the truthiness of a world-wide collection of arbitrary papers, graphs and predictions that almost never happen, are constantly revised to fit the fact that they never happen and that are great fun to talk about when among other similar drones who feel they are smart because they agree with people they decide are smart also.

Man, I just can't get enough of this AGW stuff. It's pretty awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Find me one reference in BGG where anyone has ever "denied" that climate exists, weather exists, climate changes, weather changes or claims that planet Earth is forever locked in a pattern of stable and easily predictable climate patterns.

In order to be a "denier" you actually have to deny something. Like that weather or climate exists. Right? So find me that RSP person and we can either discuss what a dipshit he/she is or we can ignore them forever and mock them.

Um... you said "AGW Lunatic," so replacing "Lunatic" with "Denier" would be... "AGW Denier." I think there are plenty of people here who deny that AGW - Anthropogenic Global Warming - is a real thing.

Quote:
No, by lunatic I mean member of the Church of AGW. A drone mimic of uber-policy that emits from the Church Hierarchy located somewhere on the internet. A person, usually one who protects himself from his own self-loathing by seeking out others he can pretend he's smarter than, and who feels that because he went to school an extra 4 years he is qualified to validate the truthiness of a world-wide collection of arbitrary papers, graphs and predictions that almost never happen, are constantly revised to fit the fact that they never happen and that are great fun to talk about when among other similar drones who feel they are smart because they agree with people they decide are smart also.

Your understanding of how science is supposed to work is... peculiar. Even more peculiar than your understanding of psychology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.