Subject: "Pass along" running vote tally for PBF rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of this while I was playing the Mascarade PBF and didn't post it until now.

It's a fair amount of work for a mod to go through the thread to figure out the leader, and in some cases it might be helpful to know that a leader has been elected during the game.

One suggestion for a vote tally is for the players to simply keep track of the current tally in any page where they vote (or change their vote).

For example, suppose there's a room with 7 players and the vote tally so far is:

Quote:

Current leader: D
A: B, E
B: A
D: C, G

If F votes for A, he could add the vote to the tally

Quote:

Current leader: D
A: B, E, F
B: A

If A changes her vote to herself, she would simply change her vote in the running tally (and update the leader in this case)

Quote:

Current leader: A
A: B, E, F, A

Then if D votes for himself, he would simply copy the tally from A's last post, and update it with his vote

Quote:

Current leader: A
A: B, E, F, A
D: D, C, G

By building the current votes one person at a time, it's easy to check for mistakes, and it also allows a running tally to be accessible at all times (without having to compute it for yourself).

Of course, the vote tally could look different (for example, keeping track of what order the votes were cast) but the idea would be the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It could still get messy when multiple people are voting at or around the same time. Also, vote tallies could be misleading (intentionally or not) and honest errors or sneaky manipulation could sway people's votes in a way that I assume is unwanted.

But, criticism aside, it's a good idea that's worth a try if you ask me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be important for players (and the mod) to check the results are correct, but I think that's very doable.

I don't think it would fix everything, but I think it would help out, especially if mods weren't available to tally up votes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.