Popular Tags: [View All]
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe my brain glosses over it, but I can't find in the rulebook where it talks about the guidelines for trading. Where is trading mentioned in the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
The final sentence in Commodity Areas on p. 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to some good questions, we've clarified the trading rules to the following (this is in the updated digital rulebook on www.stonemaiergames.com):

Trading: You may trade with other players during your turn. A trade is an immediate exchange of resources, commodities, and/or artifact cards. You must give the person what you said you were going to give them, and you can share as much information as you’d like before the exchange happens (the number of resources, commodities, and artifact cards you have is public knowledge, but the type of artifact cards you have and private information on your hidden recruit and ethical dilemma is for you to share as you wish).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, no restriction of only trading with the active player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus O'Toole
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
So, no restriction of only trading with the active player?

jameystegmaier wrote:
Trading: You may trade with other players during your turn.

As you can only trade during your own turn, all trades would have to be with the active player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I'd strongly suggest calling this a 'trading variant' this one rule has the potential to cause this great snappy game to drag as people ask around for someone who would trade bliss for fruit, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonathan--Well, the trading rule is in the original game; it just wasn't as clear and specific as it is here. And Matt, yes, my intention in writing the line "You may trade with other players during your turn." is that only the current player may trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Jamey

What is the idea of trading and how does it fit into
game play and game balance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas: Trading is primarily in the game to help build markets. In a larger game, you might be ready to build a market, but a key player doesn't have the right resource. I wanted to give players away to switch tokens to make that a possibility. I don't see trading used much beyond that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i made a pretty clear explanation about why the trade mechanic is very important in Euphoria here : http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1100312/my-take-on-euphoria-...
(last post)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Parsons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
Thomas: Trading is primarily in the game to help build markets. In a larger game, you might be ready to build a market, but a key player doesn't have the right resource. I wanted to give players away to switch tokens to make that a possibility. I don't see trading used much beyond that.

The only two scenarios where trading has been considered in the games I've played are for finishing markets as intended, or if another player has a runaway lead and a trade will allow either a quick mutual gain or hindrance to the leading player.

General rule of thumb is is someone hasn't accepted an offer in 2-3 seconds, the player offering just moves on and takes their turn. It's only the very strong, obvious trades that happen due to the sheer desire to keep the game running as deliciously smooth as it normally does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.