Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says fog "stands for" minus worker tokens. Does this mean after performing an action on a tile with fog, the fog dissipates?

Also, when you build a shelter on a tile with fog, do you need to spend an extra disc? I am not sure if this considered doing an action on a tile.

And am I reading it correctly that you can place the fog on unexplored island spaces? It seems pretty ignorable if that is the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Troć
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolska
flag msg tools
No and no. Fogs secondary effect is -1 pawn but it won't dissapear cause it is not a "-1 pawn token". Disks stay on tiles.

Moving camp isn't an action so you like it as always - without any pawn. But remember - no production when a camp is on a tile with fog.

You can place them wherever you want. It is ignorable but for a short period of time (not always but...) - exploring such tile won't provide you new terrain and you should send 1 more pawn to explore it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused by a couple of the things you said.

I'm not talking about moving camp; I'm talking about the build shelter action where you roll the brown dice, pay some wood or hide and then put the shelter on an adjacent space.

Also why does exploring a tile with fog not provide a new terrain type?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toms Leikums
Latvia
Jelgava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
I'm talking about the build shelter action where you roll the brown dice, pay some wood or hide and then put the shelter on an adjacent space.

You need one more pawn as usual to do it in fog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Troć
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolska
flag msg tools
QBert80 wrote:

Check the scenario sheet - fog disc is put on terrain type so you treat it like unexplored type - now building bell is much more important huh? :-)

And sorry, didn't read your shelter question properly but
I asked before about -pawn token on camp tile and people said it doesn't harm building or any other action taken in camp, why do you say it does painkiller?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Trociu wrote:
QBert80 wrote:

Check the scenario sheet - fog disc is put on terrain type so you treat it like unexplored type - now building bell is much more important huh? :-)

And sorry, didn't read your shelter question properly but
I asked before about -pawn token on camp tile and people said it doesn't harm building or any other action taken in camp, why do you say it does painkiller?

Because they're talking about building on an adjacent space - there is no need to build shelter on an adjacent space - it will just move with you in the night, so I don't see the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
QBert80 wrote:
It says fog "stands for" minus worker tokens. Does this mean after performing an action on a tile with fog, the fog dissipates?

Also, when you build a shelter on a tile with fog, do you need to spend an extra disc? I am not sure if this considered doing an action on a tile.

And am I reading it correctly that you can place the fog on unexplored island spaces? It seems pretty ignorable if that is the case.

No, you don't discard "on tile" effects. You only discard token that are put on actions "piles" (like the ?, the reroll token and sometimes the -1 pawn token, and the +1power token on hunting). If a token is put on a tile it stays there until said otherwise. Here the white cubes act as such a token.

Considering the faq, you can build a shelter on an adjacent tile in which case you'd have to consider the -1 token. However I'm pretty sure that if you build stuff "at camp" it's not affected by on tile tokens but that'd need confirmation. So it's a bit unclear here since you could simply build the shelter "at camp" and then move it to an adjacent tile during the night. Either way just avoid having a fog at your camp

Yes you can put fog on unexplored space but remember that the island is only
3 X X X
4 X X X X
3 X X X
spaces (you cannot put fog in invalid spaces "outside" the island board).

Quote:

Considered unexplored.

Either way I don't play that scenario much considering how easy it is :/ You can win by turn 5-6 without much problems if you just explore and build crosses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acken wrote:

Either way I don't play that scenario much considering how easy it is :/ You can win by turn 5-6 without much problems if you just explore and build crosses.

Yes, I realized this after we totally screwed ourselves by putting the fog only on explored tiles and still winning in turn 6. Of course, I also played the fog as dissipating just like -1 tokens (like the scenario says) and somehow missed the rule that foggy tiles count as unexplored.

Someone needs to do a scenario book with proper descriptions of each scenario. Far too much is left to the imagination on those scenario cards imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:

Someone needs to do a scenario book with proper descriptions of each scenario. Far too much is left to the imagination on those scenario cards imo.

The German rulebook has an appendix with detailed information for every scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.