Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I am attacking a fortified location. Among the defenders are a defender with fortification symbol, and one with the 'unfortified' symbol. Should I group those two to attack together, will they be considered, unfortified, fortified, or double fortified?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
"Should I group those two"

That is up to you. You don't have to, you could attack each individually. If you do group them, they share the icon, just like sharing other defensive abilities if you group enemies - therefore they will be double fortified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Seidel
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Siege doesnt work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Page 8:

Quote:
Enemies that are fortified twice (because they have the fortified ability and they are defending a fortified site) cannot be targeted at all in this phase, even by Siege Attacks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so the unfortified symbol on units from Lost Legion is trumped by a fortified symbol.

Now then, lets say that i attack a fortified location, and one defender has the unfortified symbol, and another unit does not. Attacking them together, will they share the unfortified symbol? (Diff situation from above, because in this case there is no symbol at all on second unit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tarheel wrote:
Ok, so the unfortified symbol on units from Lost Legion is trumped by a fortified symbol.

Now then, lets say that i attack a fortified location, and one defender has the unfortified symbol, and another unit does not. Attacking them together, will they share the unfortified symbol? (Diff situation from above, because in this case there is no symbol at all on second unit)

I think it’s more correct to say that enemies never share the fortified or unfortified abilities, and follow the basic rules about the Ranged and Siege Attack Phase (p. 8):

Quote:
If some of the chosen enemies are fortified (either because they are defending a fortified site, or because they have the fortified ability ♜ on their token), only Siege Attacks can be played. You can play Ranged Attacks only if none of the targeted enemies are fortified.
• If no chosen enemy is fortified, you may play and freely combine both Ranged and Siege Attacks.
• Enemies that are fortified twice (because they have the fortified ability and they are defending a fortified site) cannot be targeted at all in this phase, even by Siege Attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always played that they always only shared resistances if grouped together, the foritified/unfortified symbols simply indicates which can be attacked with what (and in what phase).

Same for Elusiveness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Canela
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
PaulGrogan wrote:
"Should I group those two"

That is up to you. You don't have to, you could attack each individually. If you do group them, they share the icon, just like sharing other defensive abilities if you group enemies - therefore they will be double fortified.

Paul are you sure about this? it seems a little arbitrary that they would share the fortified icon but not the unfortified one. Either both are shared or none, from my perspective this and elusive should never be shared. Maybe this is a good question for your new FAQ.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Note that the "Unfortified" ability only cancels out site fortifications, and that (as Trevin notes above) all that has to happen is that ONE enemy in a given group needs to be Fortified for you to be prevented from using Ranged Attack against that group. There are no rules altering the grouping of enemies based on the Unfortified ability, so Trevin's quote from the rulebook stands as far as I can tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.