Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Biscardi
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Hello, I have what may be a silly question, but in all my searching I have not been able to locate the answer.

I have the original Gung Ho! and Code of Bushido modules from Avalon Hill, going back to the original printings. With these, do I have everything that is covered in Rising Sun, other than the mini HASL campaign Gavutu, and the other minor features in Rising Sun? Do I need to purchase Rising Sun or am I covered with the two original modules?

thanks for any advice anyone can provide.

Pete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi Pete, I think that the main issues would be that some of the scenarios have been updated and that you would need to get the errata from the last Journal for Ch. G.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
No compelling reason, lot's of little niggling reasons.

See Mark Pitcavage's comments on the Rising Sun module. (Scroll about 3/4 down the page.)

http://www.desperationmorale.com/worldofasl/worldofficial1.h...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We intended with Rising Sun to make it so that you would want to buy it but you would not have to buy it if you had CoB and GH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-L├ęgier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased RS, even though I have CoB and GH, because there are a couple of Lewis LMG counters that did not exist before.
It is a really futile reason (the only difference between the Lewis and the Johnson LMG, apart from the depiction, si that the former weighs 2PP).

But, please, don't tell my wife about that !whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me throw this thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete - the other thing that's in RS that isn't in Gung Ho / Code of Bushido / Sand & Blood is the Para-Marines and Marine Raider counters which were originally included in Operation Watchtower. If you have OWT already, then you're covered.

-N
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.