Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I draw a hand consisting of:

SHIELD Agent (x2)
Determination - Cyclops (x2)
Focus Chi - Iron Fist
SHIELD Trooper

The text on Focus Chi reads "You get +1 for each Hero with a different (Cost) than you have." In this case, does Hero mean in your hand, played, or both?

As it stands, I have five heroes with a different cost than Focus Chi, however, if I want to play the two Determinations, I'd have to discard the two SHIELD Agents, which would bring my total number of cards with a different cost than Focus Chi down to three. Which is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 16, bottom right last paragraph. It is called "Your heroes and Heroes you have" = Heroes played or in your hand. Card stats for cards like this lock in when played. So after you play it you can do whatever you like and it won't change what she locked in at.

Cheers

Edit: You are reading the card incorrectly. It means for each different cost among your heroes, not each card with a different cost than Focus Chi. You only have 3 different costs = 0, 2, and 3, so your bonus is 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response! And gadzooks, I was reading it wrong! That whole game when to crap though do to bad draws. I'll give it another crack now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:
Thanks for the response! And gadzooks, I was reading it wrong! That whole game when to crap though do to bad draws. I'll give it another crack now.

Iron Fist is one of my favorite characters in the game. But don't tell Domino and Spider-Man, they might get jealous good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmb
So, if I can jump in here: Cards like this get "locked in" when played? They don't gain in number if you draw more cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. If you have draw effects, use them first, play the +X for each cost last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:
So, if I can jump in here: Cards like this get "locked in" when played? They don't gain in number if you draw more cards?

Correct. Almost all cards check the game state when played, fire once, and then you move on. The only exception are the "Whenever X happens this turn, do Y"-cards, which basically give you an ability for the rest of the turn. Everything else does not change after it has been played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmb

But since I'm playing Solo most of the time, I can ignore this and just play it the way I want to, right? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:

But since I'm playing Solo most of the time, I can ignore this and just play it the way I want to, right? devil

It is your game! just be sure to clarify that when you play the game around others that that is a house rule variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.