Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much Greek to us, we are not mobile whatsoever but have a fine home Mac system and laptop—no iPad or iPhone or Tablet. Question is, is there a way to play the Titan app on our home terminals? We have no accounts for mobile devices and I'm thinking that's probably the deal breaker. All we have is a modem to access the internet and a land phone line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right Phil, I've been trying to get that up and running today. Having a security blockage problem at moment it seems. Colossus doesn't have the same caliber graphics it appears. I love the artistry on the BG edition, my God, it's perfect!

Bottom line though, I need a plan and an isomething other than an iMac or iBook to run it, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:
Hello Rob!

This works across all platforms, as it is in Java.

http://colossus.sourceforge.net

I think he's talking about the Titan game app through the iTunes store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbage wrote:
Bottom line though, I need a plan and an isomething other than an iMac or iBook to run it, eh?

Correct. Titan HD is for iOS, hence you need an iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, or iPad Mini to be able to install it. You can't play it on your desktop Mac, which uses MacOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:
Hidalgo wrote:
aaxiom wrote:
Hello Rob!

This works across all platforms, as it is in Java.

http://colossus.sourceforge.net

I think he's talking about the Titan game app through the iTunes store.

Understood... Given his stated constraints, Colossus is pretty much his only real option.

Well there's always ACTS... whistle

http://acts.warhorsesim.com/ttn.asp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good with the hardware then (we could get an iSomething), but I would need a service provider for the data then, correct? That would be the biggest issue.

Will try Colosus and Warhorsesim then, which do you guys think might be best for the Mac?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my Colossus on today for the first time. Very intuitive format. Had my first game, lost badly—to be expected—and can't wait to play again.

Also have a hard copy winging its way in, which may end up being my go to format. Mayhap the IOS opp will come our way sometime. Meanwhile, I'm up and running. Thank you all very much for helping with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a few games now. What is a 'forced strike'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
Robbage wrote:
Played a few games now. What is a 'forced strike'?

That is a strike where a character has only one target. Normally you want to do these first. However, there can be exceptions. I lost a battle once by thoughtlessy taking a forced strike which slew its target before I realized I needed to strike at that target with a different character to avoid slaying yet another character that I needed alive to block things. Another case where it might matter is if you are thinking about conceding the battle. You might want to see the results of other strikes before taking a chance of slaying a character.

The only attacks that are really automatic are ones where there is only one target and there is no way to slay that target (including possible damage from other attacks on it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.