Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Milligan
United States
Bristol
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is the IV edition of GtR still available at a reasonable price? I just recently found out about this game and want a copy for less than the BBE is going for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
It has not been discontinued, but that's not the same as saying it's available. All I can say is (from my super secret insight knowledge of the murky workings of CGF) that it has not been discontinued, but it does not get reprinted often enough to meet demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Copies appear on the BGG market for under $50 on occasion. But more importantly, Cambridge Games Factory has recently shown sparks of life. The kickstarter for the black box edition was a disaster for them and almost killed the company. But they have a booth at the London Toyfair this week and say they are starting up again. They tweeted last fall that they were "looking to relaunch" at the the London Toyfair. Since GTR is their most well known game the odds of a reprint should be going up. It may take a year, but it would seem likely to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've run across the older Glory to Rome in stores for MSRP on occasion. I don't really mind the cartoon-y artwork but never had a good reason to buy the game. I remember seeing it at Madness Games & Comics in Plano TX some time back, but don't recall it it's still there now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bagley
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A reprint is in the works. I don't know when it will be printed, but my guess is that in the next two months or so it will be printed. Cambridge Games' website mentions this if you look at the page for Glory to Rome. I have also contacted them and they are taking orders from stores, but I never got an update on how much time before they will be finished.

I wish they would send out a newsletter. I've been subscribed for about 3 months and there has been no word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I have a copy of both IV and BB, I would trade IV if the right offer came around - sadly I do not believe I still have the original clamshell though and instead keep it in a tin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
I have a copy of both IV and BB, I would trade IV if the right offer came around - sadly I do not believe I still have the original clamshell though and instead keep it in a tin.

That clamshell provides negative value anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
retupmoc258 wrote:
A reprint is in the works. I don't know when it will be printed, but my guess is that in the next two months or so it will be printed. Cambridge Games' website mentions this if you look at the page for Glory to Rome. I have also contacted them and they are taking orders from stores, but I never got an update on how much time before they will be finished.

I wish they would send out a newsletter. I've been subscribed for about 3 months and there has been no word.
Hasn't their website said reprint in the works for over 6 months now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim W
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they reprint the Black Box version... maybe not in as nice a box but at least replacing the ugly art from before...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Harriman
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want a copy of the game new for a reasonable price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hunting for this game as well. I don't want to play the ridiculous prices people are charging though. If anyone here wants to trade away a copy look at my collection. Maybe I'll trade something not on my trade list for it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United Kingdom
Peckham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just spotted at least five new copies of this edition in a shop in Gothenburg, Sweden. I think it was 239 kroner (about £23). If anyone wants a copy let me know via Geekmail: I can bring some back to London and am happy to ship at cost from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.