Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused over this expansion. Are things like the critically wounded victims, the rescue dog, and the veteran included? Sometimes BGG can be a bit weird over including or not including kickstarter/promo things in the descriptions and photos.

If I buy this at a retail store, right off the shelf, are those things in the box? Is there any other promo that is only available in certain places?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rescue dog and veteran are sold together, but separate from the Extreme Danger expansion. They are a mini-expansion.

The critically wounded victims, new pets, oxygen tank guy, large victim, locked doors, and realistic artwork victims were all Kickstarter bonuses. They may or may not become available at a later date. (BGG store? I'm guessing.)

The one I'm unsure on is the snap-on coloured bases for the firefighters. These are really useful, but I can't remember whether they are just a promo or not (I think they were just a promo item). If so, they could be made available later in a similar way to the new victims.

The expansion includes the fantastic new Firefighter figures (except Veteran and Rescue Dog), including the Structural Engineer from Urban Structures. It also has new boards: Garage, Laboratory, Attic, Basement. It has a ton of new tokens (explosives, a car, fireproof doors, windows, oil barrels, hydraulic platform).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm the coloured bases are included in the retail edtion of extreme danger. As adam said the rescue dog and veteran are a seperate mini-expansion and the other items he mentioned are only in the kickstarter version (hope they do include them in a future expansion though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Eng
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
ಠ_ಠ
mbmbmbmbmb
Critically wounded victims are also not included in the retail Extreme Danger box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
Sometimes BGG can be a bit weird over including or not including kickstarter/promo things in the descriptions and photos.

The game description is a wiki, so anyone can edit it. Please feel free to make it better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
jcb231 wrote:
Sometimes BGG can be a bit weird over including or not including kickstarter/promo things in the descriptions and photos.

The game description is a wiki, so anyone can edit it. Please feel free to make it better!

I can't if I don't know what's in the game!

I love BGG to death, but I sometimes feel like there should be some limitation on posting add-ons, customs, fan-painted figures, kickstarter stuff, and homebrews within the forums and photos of an official retail game. It can be quite confusing to folks unfamiliar with the product.

There are also BGG entries for totally custom things, which compounds the problem for many games. Thankfully Flashpoint seems exempt from that epidemic so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For images, sorting by the "Game" category should show you only what comes in the box. "Creative" shows custom components, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
For images, sorting by the "Game" category should show you only what comes in the box. "Creative" shows custom components, etc.

THANK YOU!!!!

This is a great help. But even as helpful as it is I'm still finding a lot of exceptions....that's not on BGG mostly...more on folks that insist on putting their custom junk in galleries without labeling it as such.

I wish that "Does this picture contain homebrew/custom stuff?" was one of the questions asked before people submitted a photo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
indigopotter wrote:

THANK YOU!!!!

This is a great help. But even as helpful as it is I'm still finding a lot of exceptions....that's not on BGG mostly...more on folks that insist on putting their custom junk in galleries without labeling it as such.

I wish that "Does this picture contain homebrew/custom stuff?" was one of the questions asked before people submitted a photo.

When people upload an image, they have to select a gallery. If it's custom/homebrew stuff, it should go in Creative. If it gets through, you can propose a new gallery (look for the link to the left of the image) to move it from Game to Creative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Tan
msg tools
Just confirming—the veteran and rescue dog figures are not in the kickstarter edition of extreme danger, but the character cards are included?

And perhaps to help with the comparison, someone with the kickstarter edition and someone with the retail edition can list everything that's included in their sets? So the wiki can be updated better too. Just a suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
trelag wrote:

And perhaps to help with the comparison, someone with the kickstarter edition and someone with the retail edition can list everything that's included in their sets?

This.

Somebody please do this, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trelag wrote:
Just confirming—the veteran and rescue dog figures are not in the kickstarter edition of extreme danger, but the character cards are included?

No, we got both the cards and the figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Tan
msg tools
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
trelag wrote:

No, we got both the cards and the figures.

Whew, that's good to know. Thanks a lot for confirming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.