Carlos Albares
Spain
Logroño
La Rioja
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

On my second play we faced the following question... Can a Navis or group of them attack a city with port and conquer it and thus control that city??. I mean ... suppose I attack the port city of Athena with 2 navis..I wipe out my enemies. Do I gain control of that city or do I need land troops to control it?.

And secondly......If I enter to an empty port city with one navis would I gain control of that city??.

Thanks in advance!!

Medvezhonok
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
and yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See the sidebar on page 5:
page 5 wrote:
Seapower
The function of Navis are to win control of a Sea to enable amphibious movement. They can also attack and occupy enemy ports, or occupy Vacant ports.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Albares
Spain
Logroño
La Rioja
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
page 5 wrote:
Seapower
The function of Navis are to win control of a Sea to enable amphibious movement. They can also attack and occupy enemy ports, or occupy Vacant ports.

Ok. and occupying a vacant port grants you the victory points of that city. Is that right?.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
medvezhonok wrote:
russ wrote:
page 5 wrote:
Seapower

Ok. and occupying a vacant port grants you the victory points of that city. Is that right?.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the navi has to dock to take control, if it returns to sea it doesn't control it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, units must occupy a city for it to be friendly; an empty city reverts to neutral status. (I.e. that's nothing special about navis units). (Rule 4.21.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rüttimann
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
medvezhonok wrote:
And secondly......If I enter to an empty port city with one navis would I gain control of that city??.

Yes, you can. And that's a good chance for Pompey to levy his most powerful unit: The C3 legion in Creta. Tip: Move your navis from Alexandria to Creta - levy the Cretan legion - move your navis to Mare Aegaeum and move your Cretan legion amphibiously to Athena or Ephesus one round later to secure the VP there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Albares
Spain
Logroño
La Rioja
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DonDogo wrote:
medvezhonok wrote:

Yes, you can. And that's a good chance for Pompey to levy his most powerful unit: The C3 legion in Creta. Tip: Move your navis from Alexandria to Creta - levy the Cretan legion - move your navis to Mare Aegaeum and move your Cretan legion amphibiously to Athena or Ephesus one round later to secure the VP there.

Cool!. Thanks for the advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.