amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject says it all. Is it possible to use grave weapons on those zombie types?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't think there are any rules out of the box which prevents it. It makes for a pretty powerful combination

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt O
msg tools
I have been because it was previously stated that the weapons could be used on all zombies, including grave dead and zombie heroes. I assume that it is extended to these too but they do get quite powerful with weapons, especially the behemoth. Fought against a behemoth with a machete and got completely destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The solution to that situation is don't fight a behemoth with a grave weapon. To quote Monty Python: "RUN AWAAAAAAY!" zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!
I like it. I felt like the zombie players needs a boost since TP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt O
msg tools
I actually had a question regarding grave weapons with the behemoth. I had a behemoth with a bloated body grave weapon. So the behemoth's natural ability is to avoid wounds on 4+ while the bloater avoids wounds on 3+. So if it was about to take a wound would I do each separate, like roll a die and try to get 4+ and then if I fail roll again for the 3+ or would the bloater ability completely override the behemoth's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd say it is an extra level of protection. Though I'd rather have the freshly dead 1d3 movement devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbra0118 wrote:
I had a behemoth with a bloated body grave weapon. So the behemoth's natural ability is to avoid wounds on 4+ while the bloater avoids wounds on 3+. So if it was about to take a wound would I do each separate, like roll a die and try to get 4+ and then if I fail roll again for the 3+ or would the bloater ability completely override the behemoth's?

I wouldn't make separate rolls - I would say that the behemoth is now upgraded to only taking a wound on a 3+ just like any other bloated body zombie.
Like was previously said - just an extra level of protection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Halas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually thinking that Grave Weapons CAN'T be used on the Behemoths or the Ferals. The rulebook states that the Grave Weapons can be given to any Zombie, but the Behemoths and the Ferals are consistently referred to as "Zombie Champions." That seems to put them in a different category...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
chasewystone wrote:
I'm actually thinking that Grave Weapons CAN'T be used on the Behemoths or the Ferals. The rulebook states that the Grave Weapons can be given to any Zombie, but the Behemoths and the Ferals are consistently referred to as "Zombie Champions." That seems to put them in a different category...

I agree same goes for Zombie heroes not able to have grave weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Halas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's my current thought process. I actually never THOUGHT to give Zombie Heroes Grave Weapons before, and only just heard through this thread that people have been doing that. I've only just now, because of this thread, came to the thought that there are 3 types of zombies:

Zombies (with or without Grave Weapons)
Zombie Heroes
Zombie Champions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I disagree. I haven't seen a specific rule that says you can't put a grave weapon on a zombie hero or champion. Those are both subsets of zombies. Zombie Hero is a zombie.

Why allow signal flare to kill a zombie hero, or "Get Back Ye Devils" kill a champion, if you don't also allow grave weapons to be placed on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
I disagree. I haven't seen a specific rule that says you can't put a grave weapon on a zombie hero or champion. Those are both subsets of zombies. Zombie Hero is a zombie.

Why allow signal flare to kill a zombie hero, or "Get Back Ye Devils" kill a champion, if you don't also allow grave weapons to be placed on them?

They already have the benefit of more health boxes. A weapon would make them overpowered IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Feral dead have only one box....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
your mom has only one box...lol jk I dunno it just seems like them being champions gives them a distinct advantage already. Id like to see an official answer maybe jchill7 will chime in.
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Halas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problems with either Zombie Champions or Zombie Heroes being able to be killed with a single, well-thought-out hit. From what I've interpreted, a Zombie Behemoth that is shot with a Flare Gun WOULD be killed outright, provided they fail their roll from their "Tough" ability. The Feral Zombies may only have a single hit box, but they're intimidating, to say the least. Last weekend, I played a game with some newer players, and we watched as a single, uninjured Hero was mauled to death by a series of attacks from a Feral Zombie.

I don't think the intention in creating the Zombie Champions was ever that they were supposed to need to be "buffed up." I suppose you could house-rule that the Champions can get Grave Weapons, but I really don't think the Zombie Player needs a handicap like that.

I would LOVE to hear from Jason on this one, as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chasewystone wrote:
I have no problems with either Zombie Champions or Zombie Heroes being able to be killed with a single, well-thought-out hit. From what I've interpreted, a Zombie Behemoth that is shot with a Flare Gun WOULD be killed outright, provided they fail their roll from their "Tough" ability.

Roll(s), actually. Depending on how many boxes his mom has, right, Alderdust? kiss

Quote:

I don't think the intention in creating the Zombie Champions was ever that they were supposed to need to be "buffed up." I suppose you could house-rule that the Champions can get Grave Weapons, but I really don't think the Zombie Player needs a handicap like that.

I would LOVE to hear from Jason on this one, as well!

From what I've read from Jason, he generally favors making things dicier for the Heroes, so if the rules don't forbid the zombies from doing it, then they probably can. As someone else said, the Heroes' primary objective usually does not involve fighting zombies, so they should be making efforts to avoid them whenever possible. Frequently, zombies are a distraction to the Heroes, causing them to waste valuable time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Halas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! Right! I just reread "Tough," and it does look like you'd roll for each wound. I completely missed that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:

Roll(s), actually. Depending on how many boxes his mom has, right, Alderdust? kiss

Haha Right you know I couldn't resist saying that before it's like a moment to say "that's what she said"...you can pass those up lol.

I emailed flyingfrog about another issue with DOTs (difference between the cost of an extra hero card in GH is 2 Dots while in BitF it's listed as 1 Dot to offset the champions and was wondering which is correct but I never heard back so I doubt I will on this one too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Coyne
msg tools
ch82 wrote:
I'd say it is an extra level of protection. Though I'd rather have the freshly dead 1d3 movement devil

Zombie Behemoth already uses 1 D3 to move

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.