Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
SON OF A BITCH MUST PAY
mbmbmbmbmb
Another quick question that I'd like to get a few opinions on that has just cropped up in my game.

Player A won the loot vote in the Hospital to distribute items (there was one antidote and an action card) and he decided to take the antidote for himself and then open up negotiations to other players to see who might want the action card.

When no players offered any kind of reason why they should be given the card, Player A decides that nobody gets it and leaves it in the Hospital for the next turn.

Is this a legal play? Or must ALL items in a location be distributed after the loot vote has taken place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't legal play. Player who won the loot vote has to distribute it all (max. 1 per player). Only exception is if there is more loot in the location than players still playing. In this case everybody gets one loot.

I am familliar only with the older version of rules so please correct me if this rule was changed in the updated version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
SON OF A BITCH MUST PAY
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the new rulebook that I got with my copy of the game has only an FAQ for what happens if there are less players than items, but I couldn't find any definitive answer to the question of what happens if the person with sharing rights decided nobody else was worthy of receiving an item, other than the part where it says the loot "must be distributed" but that's a bit vague.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in the old rules (i haven't read the new ones) it says loot has to be distributed. The only time it does not get distributed is if there is a tied vote and nobody wins the right to distribute it. I don't see how that would happen personally though because the first player would then get involved ideally and would declare a winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swan Bones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
in the old rules (i haven't read the new ones) it says loot has to be distributed. The only time it does not get distributed is if there is a tied vote and nobody wins the right to distribute it. I don't see how that would happen personally though because the first player would then get involved ideally and would declare a winner.

It happens because, in the original rules, the First Player does not get involved in the distribution vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.