Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

The Cave» Forums » Rules

Subject: Remote camp rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Ives
Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to leave your camp, after you have unpacked it, and go back to Home base to fill up your rucksack?
So it can work as as a base camp, helping with bigger pushes in to the cave.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly; why not?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Vinci
United States
Oak Brook
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks for this clarification. The rulebook does not cover the concept of remote camp very well, and I found the whole explanation of camp to be very poorly explained. This thread as well as the one about camp usage were very helpful, but I do have one further scenario that I did not see discussed.

If you set up remote camp (i.e.,leave your camp on a tile) and travel to a different section of the cave, I assume the following are true:

1. You will be able to access your backpack equipment, but not your camp equipment while on a different tile than where you placed your camp.

2. The only way to access your camp equipment is to return to the same tile where you placed your camp.

Can someone please confirm that my assumptions are correct?

Thanks,
Jim
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jfamily wrote:
Thanks for this clarification. The rulebook does not cover the concept of remote camp very well, and I found the whole explanation of camp to be very poorly explained. This thread as well as the one about camp usage were very helpful, but I do have one further scenario that I did not see discussed.

If you set up remote camp (i.e.,leave your camp on a tile) and travel to a different section of the cave, I assume the following are true:

1. You will be able to access your backpack equipment, but not your camp equipment while on a different tile than where you placed your camp.

2. The only way to access your camp equipment is to return to the same tile where you placed your camp.

Can someone please confirm that my assumptions are correct?

AFAIK your assumptions are correct. The rules perhaps assume that you'll apply a bit of real-world thematic knowledge to make a few deductions (i.e., if you set up a tent and leave, then of course you do not have direct access to the stuff you left behind in the tent which you are no longer near; and of course to get direct access to the stuff you left in the tent you must return to tent.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Vinci
United States
Oak Brook
Illinois
flag msg tools
russ wrote:
jfamily wrote:
Thanks for this clarification. The rulebook does not cover the concept of remote camp very well, and I found the whole explanation of camp to be very poorly explained. This thread as well as the one about camp usage were very helpful, but I do have one further scenario that I did not see discussed.

If you set up remote camp (i.e.,leave your camp on a tile) and travel to a different section of the cave, I assume the following are true:

1. You will be able to access your backpack equipment, but not your camp equipment while on a different tile than where you placed your camp.

2. The only way to access your camp equipment is to return to the same tile where you placed your camp.

Can someone please confirm that my assumptions are correct?

AFAIK your assumptions are correct. The rules perhaps assume that you'll apply a bit of real-world thematic knowledge to make a few deductions (i.e., if you set up a tent and leave, then of course you do not have direct access to the stuff you left behind in the tent which you are no longer near; and of course to get direct access to the stuff you left in the tent you must return to tent.)


Thanks Russ. What you say makes perfect sense and is the way I was thinking about this situation. One other thing that can be inferred from the rules is that the only way to replenish your equipment is to go back to home base. While you have remote camp set up, all you can do is exchange current equipment between your camp and your backpack.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ives
Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to dig this thread up again but I have another question with remote camping.
Can other team members "Enter" your tent and pick up the equipment in it if they stop on your camping tile?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nozzy wrote:
Sorry to dig this thread up again but I have another question with remote camping.
Can other team members "Enter" your tent and pick up the equipment in it if they stop on your camping tile?


rules wrote:
the team can freely exchange equipment between their backpack and their camp on that tile without spending AP.

I don't believe there's any mention in the rules of being able to do such actions to an opponent's camp, only to your own!

The cavers are honorable and don't steal from each others' camps.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ives
Sweden
Stockholm
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Russ for the reply. I agree I think our cavers are a decent bunch of guys
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this would have to be a house rule, depending on how good karma/bad karma your gaming group is.

Honestly, I think it would add a twist to the game, but then you would have to write enforcement/combat rules needed to fend off encroaching bandits.

nozzy wrote:
Sorry to dig this thread up again but I have another question with remote camping.
Can other team members "Enter" your tent and pick up the equipment in it if they stop on your camping tile?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palau Life
msg tools
jfamily wrote:
Thanks for this clarification. The rulebook does not cover the concept of remote camp very well, and I found the whole explanation of camp to be very poorly explained. This thread as well as the one about camp usage were very helpful, but I do have one further scenario that I did not see discussed.

If you set up remote camp (i.e.,leave your camp on a tile) and travel to a different section of the cave, I assume the following are true:

1. You will be able to access your backpack equipment, but not your camp equipment while on a different tile than where you placed your camp.

2. The only way to access your camp equipment is to return to the same tile where you placed your camp.

Can someone please confirm that my assumptions are correct?

Thanks,
Jim


Thank you Jim - this is exactly the questions I had and in all of these Camp threads, you've succinctly and perfectly elucidated my questions!

(Of course, thank you to all of those who answered as well!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.