Subject: Its a Shame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert R
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting stuff to this forum is like talking to the wind. It seems like people are reading but no one wants to reply to anything or keep any conversations going. Its a real shame as this great game could use a more involved community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade C.
United States
CAPE GIRARDEAU
MO - Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually never heard of this game, but I saw your post in the "recent" section of the frontpage, so I gave it a look. I loved Decipher's SWCCG, so this is definitely on my radar, especially as cheap as it is these days. Obviously that doesn't address the problem you were describing, but you may have drawn a new player into the game, for whatever that is worth to you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, unfortunately with a lot of these older CCGs, conversations are slim. Some games like Doomtown always get good responses. This game is a gem and one I felt deserved more of the spotlight. It's like Star Wars ccg 2.0. The name certainly works against its favor as it can be a nightmare googling it.

Anyways, don't get frustrated. Sometimes responses take a while or sometimes they might not come for the current topic but at least there's a reading audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@wadeithan- Its worth a lot to me, thank you! As a long time fan of SWCCG and card games in general I really do love this game as I'm sure you will as well. As a bonus its definitely the most reasonably priced ccg.

Wholesalegaming.com is where you want to go, and don't hesitate to share your thoughts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, thanks iguano for the kind reassurances! You are right that the name is a double-edged sword (pun intended!). Wars tcg tends to work best for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Baker
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of the problem is that my normal group doesn't really play CCGs, so my wife is the only person I've played with. And if I don't get to play the game, I don't really have anything to say about it. I would REALLY like to play this one more often though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
What if your group treats it like a boardgame? You create a number of balanced decks and then people randomly choose the decks to play. Games like Summoner Wars come with prebuilt decks. You can't use the decks periodically to change up the play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing it like a boardgame is actually a very good idea, I think. Thats basically what it is anyway. Or at least how it feels. I love these old school ccgs, not only are they my roots but they require so much more skill and ingenuity than all these modern duel type games.

Recently I've sleeved up the Quay and Gongen starters and keep them together as a self contained game that I can play with anyone and its worked awesomely. Still no return players but very fun games anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Baker
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be played with more than 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For more than two players you'd have to whip up some house rules because its really, really not designed that way. I've seen the efforts of those who've tried but I'm not a proponant of any of them, honestly. Its a two player game and I'm fine with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jungle Jim
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is a multiplayer variant I worked on in this thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/608083/2-varient-rulesets-wa...

Not perfect, but functional
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gwaltney
msg tools
Just chiming in to agree with the poor decision to call the game "Wars". I think this must of been a big factor to it's unsuccessful start. Perhaps if the financial issues Decipher endured it would still have stayed in production but the name is huge and WARS just doesn't have its own identity with that simple branding on the surface.

I was reading some of the backstory and I'm floored, was asking myself why I didn't get into the game when it came out and I recall just scoffing at it being called "WARS", being a knock-off of Star Wars. I was bitter they lost the license and stopped the game in it's tracks after Episode 1.

There is a fansite but there doesn't seem to be a Player's Committee or Continuing like the other Decipher titles. I'd be interested in assisting in any way. I'll post if I come up with anything on my own.

I'll reach out to the SWCCG Player's committee and see what's involved in getting something going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Wynne
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Wynners Circle Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got boxes of product myself due to hearing so much positivity from this game. Id love to see it evolve like Magi-Nation or other dead ccgs have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jungle Jim
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd of course be up for a player group or the like. !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.