1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Good Knight Gabe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Misc [+] [View All]
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a very early draft of a deck concept I had. I started the deck out by making a standard Gabe SOT using Lawyer Up. I found Lawyer up to be decent but I either really cared about tags and wanted to clear asap, or I didn't care at all and it was an expensive Diesel. I did in the process though remember that my absolute favorite play in my Reina deck was Knight on front door then Account Siphon. So I decided to see what happens if I just slap 3 Knights in Gabe and as a nice bonus he gets his money back for just using Knight to walk in the front door.

Really early draft but interested in thoughts.

GabeKNIGHT (45 cards)

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional

Event (19)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Emergency Shutdown
2 Forged Activation Orders
2 Inside Job
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
3 Desperado
2 Plascrete Carapace

Resource (6)
1 Bank Job
2 John Masanori
3 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (13)
2 Corroder
3 Faerie
1 Femme Fatale
1 Gordian Blade
3 Knight
1 Mimic
1 Ninja
1 Yog.0

Program (2)
2 Sneakdoor Beta
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
The idea of something like Knight in Criminal makes me shiver !

Good idea, let the test begins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea, but I wouldn't play with less than 3 Inside Jobs in a criminal deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I look at Knight as a cheap version of Crypsis. Instead of clicking to put counters I click to put it where I want. It's insanely cheap compared to crypsis cost wise and generally the deck has been working so far.

The Masonaris are great, the 1 Bank Job is left over, I had 2 and cut them down to fit other things. I'm considering swapping the Bank Job for +1 Masonari. One thing of note, I have no RDI or Indexing, I cut the 2 Indexing to fit the 3 Knights which is still very much a test. I probably need some RD pressure or at the least to slot in 1 HQ interface to make the HQ pressure more meaningful.

So far the pressure on all the servers is very high since Knight is there in a pinch and can facilitate an Inside Job by being on the second ice. As a side benefit, Knight also helps further protect my Corroders from Power Shutdown.

TLDR - I LOVE Knight and I forgot how strong FAO is in the right deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indalamar wrote:
One thing of note, I have no RDI or Indexing... I probably need some RD pressure or at the least to slot in 1 HQ interface to make the HQ pressure more meaningful.

Agree with you here, eventually resources will run out. I think it's vital to maximize the central runs you DO make to hopefully shorten the game by finding extra agendas by seeing extra cards.

Deck looks pretty strong, I like the theory behind using Knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse M
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I've tried Knight a bit in Gabe in place of Parasite, and I found myself missing Parasite after awhile. I still like it much better than Crypsis though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I want to try a Knight in my Keyhole Andromeda. It could deal with big code gates...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan dargenio
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You look like you're going to run out of money if they lock you out of HQ, as basically every good corp will try to do against gabe. Even if they don't "lock you out" per se, you could still find yourself paying too much to get in and not have any money to install breakers and stuff.

If you're really planning on tag floating as much as your resources imply that you do, I'd give codebusting a shot. It's conveniently unpalatable to trash even when floating tags if you take a whole turn to play it and use it 3 times and isn't that much less efficient than other options in the early game either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's totally possible I need to add more money. But I gotta say, its really hard for people to keep you out of HQ at this point and the econ just from hitting HQ once a turn is pretty remarkable. Also people seem to have tons of assorted bad pub things in their decks these days which is glorious for a gabe deck. The econ you can get running just from a Desperado + innate ability is solid and if their deck can't punish tags in a meaningful way than you are just absurdly rich. I was playing against a Jinteki player and sitting on 50 credits just from a couple siphons and hammering HQ every turn.

That all said, I cut the 2 Kati and 1 of the bank jobs in order to test the newest version. I found the only time I cared about Kati was early game and only if I was trying to build up credits to hit the first siphon. Once the first siphon lands its a snowball of money.

This is also where the FAO have come back in. I forgot how much fun a standard Gabe deck can be. You force them to spend their low econ when they don't want to so that you can ensure you are able to get where you need to be. Usually this means keeping either HQ or Sneakdoor open for buisness for long periods of time.

Like I said, this is literally my first draft. I said "I wonder if Knight is as amazing in Gabe as I think" then I cut 2 Indexing and 1 Bank Job and slapped in 3 Knights just to test proof of concept. And yeah, its pretty gd insane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yi Sheng Siow
msg tools
love the idea

but

i wouldn't remove datasuckers from gabe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Knight can be like Femme, which combined with Inside Job can pound through 2 ICE servers with some ease. Great for when ICE is established.

Worse case, they trash the ICE to kill Knight, and you just turned your Knight into insta-Parasite.

Looks deadly. Planning on floating tags?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So far initial testing has all been really good. The deck isnt swimming in econ cards but I have yet to have a point where econ is an issue. I have been tag floating more often than not but if I see a SE or Closed I obviously either play out plascretes, aggressively spend Siphon money, or just clear the tags if I really need to.

Knight is remarkably strong in Criminal, almost guarentees the ability to stick AS early and makes Inside Job basically let me snipe 2 ice deep remotes. The deck obviously has room for improvement and I'd love if you guys would give me some feedback if you get around to testing it yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
siowy wrote:
love the idea

but

I play Gabe and don't use Datasuckers. He wins just fine without that "crutch"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
siowy wrote:
love the idea

but

I play Gabe and don't use Datasuckers. He wins just fine without that "crutch"...

But do you run Mimic/Yog? I tried this list today and not having suckers to support them made me very sad. Data Raven, Tollbooth, RSVP, oh my!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Suckers aren't needed, Yog and Mimic aren't meant to be the primary rig. I run Yog and Gordian because 75%+ of the time Yog will deal with everything you ever need to get past especially for early siphons on HQ. I run mimic because dropping mimic turn 1 vs Jinteki is crippling, I run tons of redundant breaks in the deck so that I have the ability to fetch whichever one I need at any given moment. Also Knight can be used to deal with Tollbooths.

I had someone rez tollbooth against me on my Sneakdoor. I walked through a viper front door, then shutdown the tollboth, he rezzed again, I installed a knight, sneakdoor, shutdown again. 16 credits later the corp still didn't have a tollbooth rezed.

Gabe takes a lot more finese, he is a toolbox of answers at your finger tips and knowing when to use which one when is a huge deal. Its part of why Gabe has a lower win rate with less experienced runners and a comparable to Andy win rate with advanced runners. Andy just overwhelms the corp with tempo, Gabe makes you hate life by being everywhere at once.

I ran about 10-20 games with this deck in the past couple days and haven't encountered anything that I would even begin to consider a troublesome match up. I've also won all but 1 of those games and that was my own mistake of not ending my turn with enough cards while floating tags... I blame the 5 beers I had.

Chum? I had a Jinteki player trash an installed Chum and Katana because I just dropped Knight on the Katana on his front door and shipponed him repeatedly.

As an additional note, Same Old Thing is for a lot more than just Siphon. It's for that Archer you don't want rezzed, that server you have to Inside Job right now, Forging the thing you shut down earlier when they are too poor to rez it thus cracking the server wide open. I shutdown 3 archers and a Fenris one game before my opponent just gave up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL, truth. SOT makes this deck quite toolbox-y.

My problem was losing the Blade to Jinteki, and having Chum/Snoop on R&D, and Chum/Archer on HQ. Just through the Knight on the R&D Chum and ran through Snoop, killing the trace.

I like this deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are very right, Travis. I forgot I was looking at two lists when I was putting it together and made weird changes, like not including Gordian or Ninja, so of course I had problems..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok so the deck is working incredibly well. I feel like the only thing missing is a closer card of some kind. Knights do the job of dealing with big code gates so well that I'm considering cutting the Gordian or something to fit in either a 1 off Indexing or an RDI.

I haven't had any problems hammering servers and to my continued amazement I still find myself with enough credits at all points in the game regardless of the opponent that I think all this deck needs is a finishing touch. I've ever considered putting a 1 off keyhole. I feel like I just need something to FIND the last agenda once I've punished the corp during the early game.

Thoughts ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about swapping out the Blade as well. I would recommend a Maker's or Indexing (got those 3 SOT for a reason), a RDI, or a Keyhole.

I think you've got a Store Champion deck here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I think the deck needs to be called 'Gabriel Knight: Shadow Hunter'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Why not marry this premise with the Gabe in a Red Dress decklist? Here's what I have:

Identity:
Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (23)
The Maker's Eye (Core) x2 ■■
Account Siphon (Core) x3
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control) x3
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus) x2
Hostage (Opening Moves) x1
Inside Job (Core) x2
Lawyer Up (True Colors) x3
Special Order (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow) x1 ■

Hardware: (2)
Desperado (Core) x2

Program: (11)
Knight (Mala Tempora) x2 ■■
Faerie (Future Proof) x3
Gorman Drip v1 (Opening Moves) x2
Ninja (Core) x1
Sneakdoor Beta (Core) x2
Corroder (Core) x1 ■■

Resource: (9)
Woman in the Red Dress (Mala Tempora) x1 ■■■■
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x3
Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow) x2
New Angeles City Hall (Future Proof) x1
Same Old Thing (Creation and Control) x2

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 6
Criminal: 58
Shaper: 9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I personally end up floating tags in too many match ups to want to rely on WITRD. The Masonaris only live because people are usually either too poor to be able to justify killing it or simply don't appreciate how good Masonari is for the runner.

I swapped out the Gordian for 1 Indexing, the deck doesn't need much and it wins consistently without this but I felt the Gordian was overkill for code gates and that the 3 influence was better used to give me another trick up my sleeve.

At this point I'm into the minutia of tweaking individual cards, I think the core deck premise is incredibly strong and could see minor adjustments based on playstyle or meta but SOT + AS + Knights in a Gabe deck is just brutal against anyone not sitting on 3 SE in hand. Closed Accounts is annoying but I usually just take those on the chin and keep plowing through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
mdanuser wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:
siowy wrote:
love the idea

but

But do you run Mimic/Yog? I tried this list today and not having suckers to support them made me very sad. Data Raven, Tollbooth, RSVP, oh my!

Garrote, Gordian Blade, Corroder my friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hamner
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
I really like the looks of this, but if the advice is to go Tag Me then I think I'm going to swap the Bank Job for the 3rd Plascrete. Also... Gordian for Indexing I guess?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |