[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Good Knight Gabe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Misc [+] [View All]
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You could swap in a third Plascrete for sure if you find you have problems with Weyland. The 1 off Bank Job could also be anything else you like, I personally really love Bank Job and wish I could figure out how to fit a 2nd in.

Indexing for Gordian is really a matter of prefrence, I want to have at least 1 card in the deck that I know can finish the game for me so when I'm sitting on 6 points my only option isn't "hope I top deck an agenda" and I already have the SOT there to capitolize on Indexing. Also since Knights + Yog + Fem give me numerous answers for big code gates I find the only time I ever installed Gordian is if it was already in hand to save the special order but even then the difference between paying 1-2 to get past a Enigma/Datapike/Viktor and 0 is pretty meaningful in a deck who gets most of it's econ from Gabes innate ability.

This deck doesn't have to play Tag Me, and generally I don't like that style of play. However the only cards that remotely punishes tags in a meaningful way is Weyland. I feel that this deck punishes Weyland decks so hard already that the difference between 2 plascretes and 3 is pretty minor. Weyland runs lots of barriers that corroder will lol past, a couple of scary sentries that Faerie will deal with and Shutdown on the rare occasion that they decide to rez an archer. Also Knight protects me from Power Shutdown so all and all while I don't like having to deal with SE, its not that big a deal to have to claer the tags from AS until a Plascrete turns up.

I played Andy so long that you tend to take for granted how badly people want to keep Gabe out of HQ, they won't "save ice" most of the time if I'm getting in because they want to deny you econ. Because of this you almost always know exactly what you need to land an AS and on top of that you net an extra 2 creds for doing so which makes clearing the tags even more trivial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Most recent update.

GabeKNIGHT (45 cards)

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional

Event (20)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Emergency Shutdown
2 Forged Activation Orders
1 Indexing
2 Inside Job
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
3 Desperado
2 Plascrete Carapace
1 R&D Interface

Resource (6)
3 Armitage Codebusting
3 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (11)
2 Corroder
3 Faerie
1 Femme Fatale
2 Knight
1 Mimic
1 Ninja
1 Yog.0

Program (2)
2 Sneakdoor Beta

The deck is still incredibly successful, only two losses that I can recall in about 20 games. I find the same thing happening every game which is that I crush the early game and the momentum carries me through the mid and late game. Generally the last 1 to 2 agendas take longer to find than I'm happy with. The econ is pretty much solid as its incredibly hard to keep me from hitting HQ every turn but I did find myself clicking for credits more than I'm happy with. Changes I made as a result.

-1 Gordian
+1 Indexing
-2 Masonari
-1 Bank Job
+3 Armitage
-1 Knight
+1 RDI

I find that the Gordian was mostly unneccesary as anything out of Yog range I have other answers for, 2 Knights and a Fem as needed.

The Masonaris I love but I generally found that I clicked for credits so frequently depending on board state that I would rather have the 2x click value from the Armitages instead of Masonari. He also sometimes forced me to go Tag Me before I wanted to, he's incredible but deck space is tight atm so he got replaced.

The Knights are amazing in Gabe but I found that getting into servers was less difficult than closing out the game so I opted to cut 1 in order to free up influence for a second closer card RDI.

I'm very interested what others peoples experience has been like, honestly I'm just really trying to settle on a runner I enjoy in the new environment. Andy was my go to for ages, and Kataman after that. I feel like Sweeps has accelerated the most powerful corp even further so Kataman feels a bit too slow and Andy may still be the answer but I'm testing Gabe further before I start messing with her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hamner
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
I played your latest version tonight and thought it was very effective. Though I always find it hard to critically evaluate a Criminal deck since basically all decks with blue cards are good.

My main takeaway was that I missed the 3rd Knight more than I was glad to have an RDI (even though I installed it one game). With no way to get trashed Knights out of archives... and no way to beat big code gates otherwise... I think you need 3x and have to decide whether you want to splash Indexing on an RDI. At the moment I lean Indexing because of the synergy with SOT, but the only time I got to play it I saw Celebrity Gift-Celebrity Gift-Jackson Howard-Restructure-Tollbooth... wah wah WAAAAH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah thats a good point, I was questioning that change ever before playtesting the deck. I am going to try some things out tonight but I dont think I can cut the third Knight And not have Gordian. And since I think Knight is more important for what the deck is doing I think I just have to suck it up and only run 1 Indexing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, it's Knight deck; keep to the theme!

I tested the initial build last night. Really strong, but it sagged late game. RDI would be nice, but I agree on the 3 Knights.

The Armitage seem like a nice add. I do like 3 Plascrete, though. Laughs in Punitive's face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've considered putting Kati back in, the deck is either swimming in money or break and since I'm cutting Masonari I won't have tags unless from Siphons so she may be the right play. I'll test Armitage first though as you usually only need a little money to get the ball rolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer going under water, so Armitage works better in that situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Definitely agree, tested more and I think the deck list is firming up. I still wish I could get an HQ interface in the deck (I love it personally) but even doing things the old fashioned way of accessing 1 card at a time the deck hasn't really hit any speed bumps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hamner
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
I think I'm dropping Ninja... maybe for the 3rd Plascrete... it just makes me sad to draw it. If I ever have to Ninja through Archers repeatedly I have probably already lost. If I just have to get through once and don't have any Faeries or Knights left then I'll just pay the extra 2 credits to get through with Femme the hard way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The more I think about it the more I like cutting the Ninja. Question is whats the 1 card replacing it? Another Plascrete for fear of Weyland? A 1 of HQ Interface to capitolize on the HQ pressure? Another Inside Job ? A third Sneakdoor for consistency ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here is the deck list with the latest changes. The armitages help with the windows where I need to econ a little, the extra sneak door helps put the pressure on asap. All and all happy with this version of the deck list.

GabeKNIGHT (45 cards)

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional

Event (20)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Emergency Shutdown
2 Forged Activation Orders
1 Indexing
2 Inside Job
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
3 Desperado
2 Plascrete Carapace

Resource (6)
3 Armitage Codebusting
3 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (11)
2 Corroder
3 Faerie
1 Femme Fatale
3 Knight
1 Mimic
1 Yog.0

Program (3)
3 Sneakdoor Beta

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse M
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Third sneakdoor maybe? Getting into HQ early is very important for Gabe, and those evil rich corps can protect better RnD + HQ early game pretty easily right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jinteki will be playing Punitives. 3rd Plas helps with that. 3rd Sneak is better against everyone, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have yet to play against a Jinteki that put up a fight. Special Order a mimic and AS train. They just crumble when you turn off 40% of their good ice and steal their money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Roybal
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Glad to see someone other than me thought Knight+ Gabe is insano. I've been testing a similar list for a week or so with great success.

Program: 10
3 Knight (6 Influence)
1 Femme Fatale
2 Faerie
1 Yog (1 Influence)
1 Corroder (2 Influence)
2 Sneakdoor Beta

Hardware: 3
3 Desperado

Resource: 8
3 Daily Casts
3 Kati Jones
2 Same Old Thing

Event: 24
2 Indexing (6 Influence)
3 Special Orders
3 Inside Job
3 Emergency Shutdown
3 Account Siphon
3 Sure Gamble
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Forged Activation Orders
1 Easy Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZERO Plas?

Baller.

I was thinking of going to one Corroder for an RDI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Roybal
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
For the record, I believe disrespecting the weyland match up is currently correct. I've played against it a few times on octgn and did not find plascrete to be necessary, nor is it the biggest part of the meta at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Trundle
msg tools
mb
I've been running a similar deck on OCTGN for a couple weeks. I use 2x HQI and 2xRDI. Generally by midgame it's not a problem coming up with the cash to install whichever is needed, and when I'm playing NBN I mostly want to burn through my cash anyway. Believe it or not, I use neither Mimic nor Ninja. Femme and Faerie do all sentry legwork for me. Sure, there have been a handful of games (mostly against Jinteki) where I wished there was a Mimic just for the early game, but on the other hand not having a Mimic to install means I'm 3 credits closer to getting Femme on the table. I have a hard time imagining a situation where I'd actually want Ninja in my hand with this deck: if a sentry with strength > 3 is in a critical position, survives whatever shutdowns I throw at it, *and* I can't Femme/Knight it? Then I'm in big enough trouble that the Ninja isn't going to help much anyway.

Undefeated, but it's OCTGN so take it with the appropriate grain of salt. I will say, though, that regardless of how strong it turns out to be, it's just a *boatload* of fun to play. Once HQ is open, you've just got a gush of credits coming in and you're flying all over the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heh, which person are you on Genestealers stream? I'm pretty sure I was watching you guys play and talk about not running Plascrete. You can definitely do it but you have to play a very different game if you are trying to out econ Weyland which keeps you from being as aggressive as you should in a gabe deck.

Aside from that yeah they are basically doing the same thing with slight variants. I find Mimic and a back up corroder too important to give up for a second Indexing. Also I'd certainly run a 3rd fairie before I'd run a 1 off Easy Mark, it is back up protection against Power Shutdown.

I tried Kati for a while but I dropped her since in any non Weyland match up I'm going to be swimming in tags all game.

However this is just my opinion so I'd love to hear your personal experiences.

@Strundle - I completely agree, I dropped the Ninja for the same reason I dropped the Gordian. The fixed breakers get me in on the cheap early for siphons or access and the Knights or Fems deal with anything that survives being Shutdown one or more times. I've strongly considered trying to squeeze in HQ interface but I feel like all the card slots are really tight atm so it's hard to justify dropping anything for HQ interfaces. Also since I'm hammering HQ so hard anyways via sneak door and early cheap breakers I tend to clear out all the agendas. People also do really dumb things when they have to ice or money available to plug up archives and you are hammering their hand. More than anything I would love to get a second Indexing in here but I think all the influence cards in the deck are far more important than a second Indexing. I can't stress enough the value of having the 1 mimic in the deck and having 2 corroders to protect against random net damage or program trashing in addition to saving me Special Order for something Other than corroder every game is a big tempo boost as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hamner
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
asroybal wrote:
For the record, I believe disrespecting the weyland match up is currently correct. I've played against it a few times on octgn and did not find plascrete to be necessary, nor is it the biggest part of the meta at the moment.

I don't agree with that at all. Maybe on OCTGN it's true, but I expect the tournament season to be chock full of meat damage flatline decks. Tag 'n Bag is super strong in Swiss and there have only been cards that make it better... like Restructure, Power Shutdown and Punitive Counterstrike... and none that make it weaker. NBN is the new hotness everybody is worried about, but as far as I know people are still getting Scorched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Roybal
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
JWHamner wrote:
asroybal wrote:

I don't agree with that at all. Maybe on OCTGN it's true, but I expect the tournament season to be chock full of meat damage flatline decks. Tag 'n Bag is super strong in Swiss and there have only been cards that make it better... like Restructure, Power Shutdown and Punitive Counterstrike... and none that make it weaker. NBN is the new hotness everybody is worried about, but as far as I know people are still getting Scorched.

Having played about 10 games against scorch decks and won all of them without plascrete, ill stand by my statement. But as i said it is just my belief that plascrete is unnecessary, I am certainly introducing about a 20% loss rate to weyland in my deck by not playing plascrete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the strategy? Keep a full hand and always have more cash?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As a meta choice is may be completely viable dependent on your location. If all your weyland players stopped using Posted Bounty and rely purely on Sea Source than have at it.

I'm incredibly happy with the most recent Gabe deck list I posted. I've stopped tweaking the deck as I think I've honed it about as much as I reasonably can at this point.

I've also started playing Andy more again and am still unsure which I think is better. Gabe has the early aggression on lock, Andy has the inevitability thing going for her. Gabe I win my games but always feel like the game could turn against me at any moment. Andy I win my games because the rig is just absurdly effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After looking at your original formula and tweaking mine, it seems we have come up with similar alterations:

"Gent Sauvage"

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core Set)

Event (23)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
3x Forged Activation Orders (Core Set)
2x Indexing (Future Proof) ••••• •
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Lawyer Up (True Colors)
2x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (4)
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (10)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
2x Knight (Mala Tempora) ••••
1x Peacock (What Lies Ahead)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) •

Program (3)
3x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

I definitely need to try this out and see how it runs. I'm glad you made the plunge and started this idea. Knight was always something that intrigued me.

edit: dropped a Plascrete since it seems less necessary with x3 Lawyer Ups

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How are you personally liking the Lawyer Ups ?

I cut them because I found tags either A) Don't matter or B) Matter too much to wait around for one before I siphon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |