Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Misc [+] [View All]
Larry M
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Right - Gabe decks still run Anarch breakers. Generally, your influence is tied up in Anarch Breakers and something like RDI or Indexing. Even with 3x Knight, you can easily fit 2x Corroder, 1 Indexing/Yog/Mimic, you can dump Indexing to change Yog to Zu and include RDI, dump Mimic + Indexing for 2x RDI, etc. etc.

The point is that you still have your important Anarch breaker(s) in Corroder+, Knight helps vs. the big stuff you can't get past immediately like Tollbooth, and you can still run a 1-of Femme to get past stuff in a pinch mid/late game. A turn 2 or 3 Knight on an HQ Ice guarantees a Siphon, and if they are double Icing HQ on Turn 2 or 3, then they likely haven't Iced R&D + Archives, and you can just keep pressure up, or Special Order for the Corroder you likely need to get in anyway (I'm assuming you're running a ton of Killers, as that's the 1 thing Crims can get in-faction + 3x Faerie protects Shutdowns on Corroders).

Give it a whirl. I've tried Parasites in Gabe prior to Knight, and I haven't considered going back once. 2x Suckers and 2x Parasites without recursion seem really circumstantial, whereas you find 1 Knight, and you're off to the races on HQ early on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse M
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I've never been shut out by big code gates on all three centrals, but Archer/Grim before a virus clear can definitely happen. That's where you want a Faerie. If some deck managed to reliably get Tollbooth installed and rezzed on HQ, RnD, and Archives and then clear counters. I would tip my hat, then ask for the decklist.

Troublesome HB ice like Viper, Viktor 2.0, Eli, Ichi 1.0, Rototurret is not going to be any better with Knight. Paperwall will just lose you your knight. Oversighted Janus or Wotan will shut you out. Hadrian's wall with 1 advancement counter will shut you out as well, but Gabe should do a pretty good job at keeping the corp from being able to rez big ice on all centrals.

I also see a lot of RP decks locally and if they put Tsurugi on HQ I want Parasite not Knight.

I'll definitely try with 3x Desperado and tag floating and see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. This deck v. my NBN last night running Tollbooth/Viper/Pop-up had some troubles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The NBN deck with that ice line up is what I play and if the game goes long or if they get a MMC online for more than 1 turn things can go poorly. The strength of that deck is that it pressures every server incredibly hard before the corp can stabilize. If they do stabilize then yeah its a Gabe deck and finding the last 2 points to win can get tricky. That said against people who have never played against it before and don't know how or where to ice this deck will crush them, and thats what you encounter in most tournaments. Even playing the deck repeatedly against the same opponents its still incredibly hard to stop even if you know whats coming.

Knight 100% guarantees that my Siphons will land early and that's what is the most important. Early game is where Gabe shines, getting free cash from SDB or walking into HQ with a couple breakers, Knight helps keep the corp on its back feet longer so that you can leverage your early advantage for as long as possible.

I tried Parasite/DS Gabe since everyone just raves about it and it's much worse than this deck. Knight is already doing Parasite duty and usually on much bigger ice than Parasite could manage in a reasonable time frame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spags wrote:
Yeah, the corp will have to make the late game, trashing the Knights/Faeries in their entirety.

I'm taking a version to a Store Champs SAT. Will report back on it's powah.

20 person Store Championship in Milwaukee, WI. My Gabe was 5-0; I won it all. Another guy I played in Round 2 ran a 2 Knight build and Jin:RP. He took 4th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Grats on the win Spags. What were your lists?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabriel Knight - Shadow Hunter

Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core Set)

Event (20)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Forged Activation Orders (Core Set)
1x Indexing (Future Proof) •••
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (6)
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (11)
2x Corroder (Core Set) ••••
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora) ••••• •
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (3)
3x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Mala Tempora

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Push it to the Limit

NBN: Making News (Core Set)

Agenda (12)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
2x Character Assassination (Opening Moves)
1x Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (5)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (13)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••• •••
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
2x Psychographics (Core Set)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (3)
3x Bastion (Creation and Control)

Code Gate (7)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
3x Tollbooth (Core Set)
1x Viper (Cyber Exodus)

Sentry (6)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) ••••• •
2x Dracō (What Lies Ahead)
1x Muckraker (Second Thoughts)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to True Colors

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on the win Spags! Curious, did Muckraker do any work today? Not seeing that ICE around our meta much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx for the hard net-deck. The Indexing was a solid call; SOT'd it twice. Knight is pretty sick. NO one trashed him! Didn't help that I played 3 NBN, and they were so ICE-thin that they couldn't afford to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Congrats on the win Spags! Curious, did Muckraker do any work today? Not seeing that ICE around our meta much.

Super situational. I only rez it when it hits. Crashed a Reina with one when she had zero creds. Whoops. (She still beat me; Sniped my HQ hard)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:

I like Muckracker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott West
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
spags wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Super situational. I only rez it when it hits. Crashed a Reina with one when she had zero creds. Whoops. (She still beat me; Sniped my HQ hard)

Gooooooo Muckraker!! We're way off topic though, so I'll just say congrats on the good performance with this deck. I played Indalamar with his version of the deck on OCTGN a few days ago. It is an absolute thrashing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this Gabe. CONSTANT pressure, despite no draw. Great econ, early game is extended due to massive pressure on 4+ servers. If they get a subpar draw at all, game is over.

Yog is an MVP (of course). 3 Knight is a must without any draw. (you don't really want to Special Order it; ran one all day for a Knight)

Not that there's anything completely innovative or enlightening about this deck, but the Knight is a slight surprise, the 3 SOT are quite versatile, and the lack of Suckers (crutch card) is refreshing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hamner
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
Gratz on the win spags!

spags wrote:
Love this Gabe. CONSTANT pressure, despite no draw.

How good it is without any draw is what surprises me the most. I guess it helps that so many of the cards are blue, and thus whatever you draw the hard way is good.

I've pretty much settled on this as my Store Championship deck as well. I hate hate hate not being able to find a Plascrete against Weyland (and now Punitive Jinteki) so I will run 3x of those instead of the 3rd Sneakdoor. I already took the deck to the Store Championship with the Netrunommicon guys where I went 2-1 with it (Triple Neural EMP by Jeremy's Jinteki FTL) and it was definitely not the weak link in my poor showing there... if I can get my Corp performance together I can hopefully do a little better overall with Gabe's aid in the next couple tourneys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
spags wrote:
Love this Gabe. CONSTANT pressure, despite no draw. Great econ, early game is extended due to massive pressure on 4+ servers. If they get a subpar draw at all, game is over.

Yog is an MVP (of course). 3 Knight is a must without any draw. (you don't really want to Special Order it; ran one all day for a Knight)

Not that there's anything completely innovative or enlightening about this deck, but the Knight is a slight surprise, the 3 SOT are quite versatile, and the lack of Suckers (crutch card) is refreshing.

I'd say the 3 Knights as innovative as the first person who thought to put 3 data suckers in Andy. They enable Gabe to land siphons with 100% accuracy early game and Inside Job 2 deep remotes as needed. That breaker redefined what Gabe decks are capable of more than any other runner. The Armitages also sync up nicely with the install and break costs of Knight and as recently as today I had someone trash a rezzed Grim just to get the damn thing off the table.

So ;P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Always be running!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played two games with Spags list, both vs NBN.

Won both but the second could have gone both ways if my opponent played better.

The deck puts pressure from the first click and keeps going. The only problem were RSVPs and Tollbooths, but i easily shutdown the tollbooths. RSVPs on the other hand were a bit trickier.

The deck is really solid but I almost lost the game because i did not draw indexing to get the last agenda. And he managed to get a lot of str 4 code gates that stopped me. Still I won with 3 Siphons in a row (1 every round to get the tags of since I had seen Closed accounts.

Very solid deck, nice to play and run all the time, only concern the Str Code gates, maybe we should get a gordian blade in somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend Greg (Nords3x4) just won with Gabe running TWO Blades, and one Knight. Personal preference. This build is more aggro. Whatever suits your playstyle. If you need R&D Interface and Blade to assuage you, go with god. I prefer this build, and saw some kid won with a similar build last weekend on the West Coast, IIRC.

If RSVP is your only problem (Viper is more of a problem, AFAIC), you should be living on Easy Street.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Always be running!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well NBN is everywhere, RSVP is played a lot (and makes even a pop up Etr, and Vipers are of faction for NBN.

Both games were NBN so no vipers. Caduceus on the other hand are just what the doctor ordered for Mimic.

Tollbooth on the other hand is the best target for Femme and Emergency Shutdown.

Yeah this build is more Aggro and if you get Indexing early then the game is much easier.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, the Indexing is the finisher. The continual dink/dunk into HQ and R&D should be pressure enough. The remote should never be safe.

Even at 5 creds to get through, that's not terrible when using Knight on a Tollbooth.

If people are running NBN: MN and not using some Vipers, they're doing it wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spags
United States
Ill Mil
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabriel Knight strikes again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say that I have trouble with this list against Glacier-style approaches, which I'm starting to see a lot of (even an NBN variation!)—just because there's no multi-access. I'm considering swapping the 1x indexing for a 1x RnD interface for a test.

Maybe it is my fundamental lack of ability to draw cards in the correct order with anyone but Andromeda .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't done a full tournament report yet, but it's worth mentioning that I hopped on the bandwagon as well this past Saturday, going 4-0 and winning our 14-player Store Championship with a Gabe Knight deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse M
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
CrimsonWraith wrote:
I haven't done a full tournament report yet, but it's worth mentioning that I hopped on the bandwagon as well this past Saturday, going 4-0 and winning our 14-player Store Championship with a Gabe Knight deck.
This list is my favorite so far. Congrats on your win. Looking forward to your report.

I'm still on the fence about what Gabe variation I like more; Hoobajoo's parasite build, or Gabe with Knights. The ability of Knight + Inside job to snipe remotes is very strong, but parasite can often reopen closed centrals for multiple profitable runs in a way that Knight cannot.

Here's are my thoughts at the moment on comparing each variation to my corp matchups so far:
- Weyland. Knight's ability to snipe remotes is huge, and makes it even more likely that agendas will pool up in HQ. Parasite + Datasucker will make it easier for Gabe to compete economically but I think Knight still takes the edge here. I'd rather win while poor than lose while rich. I like Hoobajoo's inclusion of Forged in this matchup.

- NBN. Mimic is crucial here. Femme is great for the late game Tollbooth play but getting through Caduceus/draco/rototurret early is very important. Hoobajoo's build really doesn't have the influence for Mimic, which is a problem vs NBN IMO. Yog + Sucker really helps with Viper, and Parasites vs Tollbooths, Flares, and Elis can help open up expensive servers. And parasite vs a popup can be critical when you are doing lots of single accesses on servers to score. Forged is weak in this matchup.

- Jinteki. Generally not a huge problem for either build IMO. Splashed Grims and Archers are the biggest threat. I think Mimic early is really helpful. Also being able to parasite away Tsurugi is very nice. Infiltration is great in this matchup, but Gabe decks seem to hate it?

- HB. This matchup is the worst for Knight. Lots of multi-subroutine ice at strengths outside of your fixed breakers. Ability to score out of hand makes RnD lock critical, and parasite + datasucker beats paying for Knight, or getting shut out because you can't click through stacked bioroids. I also like Hoobajoo's inclusion of Forged in this matchup.

Anything I'm missing or got wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's a fairly reasonable assessment. Knights apply high pressure but Knights on Bioroids can get expensive. On the bright side you can do everything you want to do past Bioroids, Viktor 2 and Eli aren't going to stop the Siphons so their early ice draws are pretty crucial. Also any corp deck that is running even remotely ice light, which some HB are doing lately, is going to get punished incredibly hard.

The deck list I posted several weeks ago seems to have picked up a lot of steam considering I see carbon copies of it all over the winning Stimhack deck lists, and also slight variations popping up. I think the combination of Knight and Sweeps Week has brought Gabe back up to the forefront, Andy is still incredibly strong but I think Gabe and her are probably on even footing at this point and both offer very different strengths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indalamar wrote:
That's a fairly reasonable assessment. Knights apply high pressure but Knights on Bioroids can get expensive. On the bright side you can do everything you want to do past Bioroids, Viktor 2 and Eli aren't going to stop the Siphons so their early ice draws are pretty crucial. Also any corp deck that is running even remotely ice light, which some HB are doing lately, is going to get punished incredibly hard.

That's why I put E3 Implants into my deck, they make Bioroids laughable to break and they can reduce the cost of Knight breaking multiple subs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] |