• [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Half-Elf Fighter and Ranger Adina and Valisa
I'm not sure that it makes sense for the Ranger to have Arcane - If memory serves, high-level rangers are only divine casters - they only get arcane casting ability if they multiclass. Also, it might make sense to replace it with the Survival skill, which would be more thematic.

Perhaps only give her the Arcane skill as a role feat of Arcane Archer?

For Adina, it might make sense to put the choose one of these powers as part of the roles - after all, that is the purpose of having roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balen
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Custom Characters] Half-Elf Fighter and Ranger Adina and Valisa
Stryker1979 wrote:
I'm not sure that it makes sense for the Ranger to have Arcane - If memory serves, high-level rangers are only divine casters - they only get arcane casting ability if they multiclass. Also, it might make sense to replace it with the Survival skill, which would be more thematic.

Perhaps only give her the Arcane skill as a role feat of Arcane Archer?

For Adina, it might make sense to put the choose one of these powers as part of the roles - after all, that is the purpose of having roles.

Thanks for the feedback!

They were originally based on multi-class characters, I just didn't give them the designated titles and after tons of adjustments, I wasnt sure if the titles were still appropriate.

I removed the Arcane trait, as I kind of figured having both was a little unbalanced anyway, plus her enchant power still gives her offensive spells.

As for Adina I was playing with the idea of having more choices in the base character development, but I get the logic in attaching the power to a role. If anything I may put Dual Wield into the Duelist role.

Thanks for your input again, much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.