Tyler Brownwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally came up with a much simpler version a long time ago but found that so much more could be added.

This is a very complicated game but the strategic background and play through is so fun and enlightening. Not sure if the link will work but its worth a shot.

This is in no way a final cut... I just need it to be out here so I can get feedback.

Thanks!

C:\Users\tbrownwell\Documents\Games\Battle of the Ace.mht
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How can you get feedback if you don't give a working link to see your game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Brownwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well again, I didn't know if it would work. Hence why I'm trying. Did you try copying and pasting into the address bar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a link to the local location of the file on your computer. We can't access it that way. You will need to host it on a file-sharing site like Google Drive or Dropbox and share it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Brownwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha. How would I do this with google drive? I've tried it before and failed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mann
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a good tutorial that should work for you:

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?hl=en
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Brownwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link. It should work now.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18a71lYDYQnbs6Wf80VAoZV0F...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sunday silence
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I think you have a clear idea of what you want to say because while your langauage is awkward it is concise.

The rules are a chore to read. Do you have an illustration of the board? Putting that in there would help. As it is, all you say is the board has spaces. Well what kind? What shape is the board in? How many? People use that sort of stuff to incorporate in their head as they go through the rules and add to their understanding.

Similar with the cards. Can you not put a picture of a card with lines to illustrate all those values that it has.

I have no idea what the general way this game plays. HOw would you begin to explain this game to other people? It's not just most pts wins, but what...? "This game is like War" "This game is like checkers with cards." What? I have no idea..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sunday silence
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
"Each card has an abundance..."

Rewrite: "Each card includes an abundance factor that is simply How Many of that type card in the deck."

"...you're ace." Should be

"your ace."

"There are many ways to take a turn." Change to:

"The player may do ONE of the following action..." I assume that you can only do one of them, you may need to modify what Ive written.

"If you kill a card...that card will go to your home base." Which card? It is not at all clear which card you are referring to.

I've read the rules again, and I still dont see any where where you explain what is actually going on in the game. Can you give an example of a few moves??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Brownwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is played similarly to chess. You move a card and if (usually) a card is occupying a space you may kill it while moving into that space.

Again, this is in no way I final cut for the game. Pictures and diagrams are a must, I have acknowledged that. I just really needed to get my ideas to the public.

The board is also very similar to chess. You have two rows in front of you occupied with your cards, space in the middle called the "Battle Grounds" and then your opponent.

Spaces are just square. The board shouldn't be any bigger than 30' by 14'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.