Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Messana is still "Mamertine," they can retreat into it. The second sentence of the retreat procedure says "The force must leave the starting hex unless the force can retreat into a friendly city in the same hex," like Messana. I'm not certain about re-crossing the straight, I'm still learning the system myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it: It's in the living rules, version 2.2, under 6.38, Straights (Italy Map): "A force cannot use Interception, use Avoidance, or Retreat across a Straight hexside." It's not in the original printed rules, it was a living rule addition.

I highly recommend printing both the living rules and playbook. Mine are front-and-back then inserted in three-ring protectors and placed into a notebook with series rules, Rise of the Roman Republic, and Carthage: TFPW living playbooks.

Hope you post a session report!

Edit: If I make it to a DFW con, I'll GeekMail you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aka Tankboy wrote:
You mean like this? ...

Yes, except yours looks nicer than mine.

aka Tankboy wrote:
That means Claudius and his entire force is then destroyed since it cannot retreat back across the Straights and it cannot retreat through a hexside that an attacking force entered from, correct?

Or can they retreat SW of Messana since Hiero was already in the same hex when his interception attempt occured?

As I read it, he's not destroyed, it's option 2. Hiero didn't enter the hex from the southwest, he came out of Messana. It-6016 isn't a great spot to be in, but it beats getting a consular army destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, that's a darn good question. I just inferred from the context that the analysis of where an attacker came from was limited to the move into combat, but maybe that's not what Berg intended. I don't see him much on BGG these days, but maybe Alan Ray, the developer, will chime in.

Have you checked on ConSimWorld? Might be worth a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lopo Metello
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
Neko-San is here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahahah!
The Evil it's me, not the CSW !
Claudius is not dead and the revenge is for soon wouahahaha

Thanks for finding the right rule :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.