Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It occurred to me last while playing CCVT game that blaze during night rules does not offer any illumination. That feels bit odd (especially if blaze is assumed to be big enough to block LOS completely).

Would it be a good idea to throw in a house rule that blaze does the same thing as flare but instead of two only illuminate immediately adjacent hexes?

Second thought: if the hex is illuminated could the MP penalty for night walking be dropped? If you can see the enemy clearly I would argue that they can see enough to walk at normal pace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Or perhaps the "blaze" is accompanied by thick black smoke that blocks the LOS and prevents significant illumination beyond the blaze's hex?

I admit, I am imagining at the moment some of the television coverage of forest fires at night. Granted capturing fire with a camera is very difficult, but I don't really recall the fire illuminating much and the heat, embers, smoke obscuring much.

My two cents - I don't houserule, but go ahead and play with this if you enjoy the game doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
SANTA ROSA
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunderian007 wrote:
Starshell illumination also does not remove the movement penalty, which always feels a bit off.

Heh. If you've ever tried to stumble across terrain constantly appearing to shift and flicker under your feet you'd likely think otherwise. Starshells illuminate like a drunk walks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Hager
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ahmedhadzi wrote:
It occurred to me last while playing CCVT game

Huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shager wrote:
ahmedhadzi wrote:
It occurred to me last while playing CCVT game

Huh?

CCVT = Combat Commander Vassal Tournament.
The Guild group is here... http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1742

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.