Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand correctly, if the greenhouse goes down all biomes shift south unless at the edge of the map and if the greenhouse goes up all biomes shift north unless at the edge of the map (excluding orogeny biomes which don't shift). Then, if I understand the rules correctly, when you draw a new tile it goes in the marked latitude on the board even though the entire set of latitudes shifted. Is this correct?

This makes me wonder a couple of things:

1) When a Milankovitch says to make the lowest climax numbered biome in the latitude go extinct, do you use the symbol on the tile or the latitude? I am guessing the latitude.

2) Wouldn't it make more sense to something more like this: Move all tiles up or down. When moving north all nothern map edge biomes go extinct, when moving south all southern map edge biomes go extinct, and the latitudes shift correspondingly north and south with the shift so new biomes occur in the same latitude always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Powell
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got it right. Just remember that after the first catastrophe forms the Atlantic rift, biomes don't shift past the rift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Thought I played it right.

First game with the wife turned into a rather harsh game mid-way when we had disproportionate event cards. We lost 4 biomes to Milankovitch cycles before two greenhouse shifts wiped out most of the lush tropics - then we had our first two tiles, one of which was a volcano that wiped out the other biome that was drawn. It frustrated her, but I tried to let her know we had an unusually cold world with lost of negative cards - we checked the deck % and saw 27% of the cards were not draw 2 tiles while our 26 cards had only 14 draw 2 tile cards. She said she will play again, but I wanted to make sure we were playing right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.