Subject: Timing of Rezzing Assets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Burkhead
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
What are the various points during the runners turn I can Rez an asset? More important (to me) what is the last chance I have to Rez an asset during a run, and does not having ICE remove a window.

By way of example lets say I have Dedicated Responce Team and Snare installed in seperate servers. The runner inniates a run on the snare. Can I still get off my DRT (since it only activates as the run ends) or do I have to hope they think I'm bluff protecting an agenda?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whooo sync think.... just posted that question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Kropf
United States
Brownsville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I cannot not not not not not not not not not not not not not not tell a lie. But man can I obscure the truth or what?
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Rez opertunity for the corp after the runner passes the last ICE but before they actually access the server/cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Guze
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More specifically, as I just answered in the other thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14656110#14656110

talking_chicken wrote:
Timing structure of a run: http://netrunnerdb.com/en/rules#tsr

There is no rez window after the runner accesses cards. The run is declared successful, then there's a window to rez cards and use paid abilities, then access happens. You can rez it once the runner decides to not jack out and declare the run successful (and therefore must access cards unless he has an "instead of accessing cards" ability), but not after the access.

This means you can't rez DRT after finding out the random card the runner accessed in R&D or HQ is a snare, but it works fine if they hit it out of a remote (since you know it's coming).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
b0ykropf wrote:
There is a Rez opertunity for the corp after the runner passes the last ICE but before they actually access the server/cards.

There's a more important distinction than that.

There's a rez opportunity after the last chance for the Runner to decide to leave, but before the run is declared successful. So if you already know they're going to hit a Snare when they access (it's installed in a remote they're about to access; you know it's on top of R&D from Precognition; every card in HQ is a Snare, etc.), then you can rez DRT as soon as they have decided to continue.

If you're not sure they're going to hit a Snare (there are cards other than Snare in HQ as well; Snare is 3 cards down in R&D from Precognition but you're not sure how many cards they'll access with Medium, etc.), then the best you can do is rez it beforehand in the same rez window as before, because once the access step has begun, you don't have another rez window before the end of the run to hit DRT's trigger condition. If they hit the Snare, then great, if they miss the Snare, then you gave away the identity of the DRT asset to no avail. Calculated risks, and all that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Burkhead
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Well that's just plain bizzare us both asking.

And thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so could hypothetical

runner access R&D.. before he accesses a card I ask is it a Successful, he can jack out.. if he says yes its SUCCESSFUL give me a card, i rez Response Team, can he jack out and just take the 2 damage not risking the snare etc..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Milarky wrote:
so could hypothetical

runner access R&D.. before he accesses a card I ask is it a Successful, he can jack out.. if he says yes its SUCCESSFUL give me a card, i rez Response Team, can he jack out and just take the 2 damage not risking the snare etc..

Excerpt from Structure of a Run wrote:

4.2. Runner decides:
To jack out, go to 6
or to continue, go to 4.3
4.3. Paid abilities may be used, cards may be rezzed.
4.4. Run is successful. Trigger abilities if any.
4.5. Access cards. Trigger abilities if any.

As you can see there is an opportunity for the runner to jack out at 4.2. If he decides to continue, there is an opportunity to use paid abilities after which the runner must access cards. The runner cannot choose not to access some of the cards, so yes, you could rez DRT and the runner would have to access the snare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Burkhead
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
May I Rez any number of assets I have the capacity (credits, installed assets) to in one window?

For example: first turn I lay down 2 DRT and play hedge fund. No Ice. If they choose to account syphon me first click can I Rez both in the after the run is successful and must access window. On a related note where in the scenario do they choose whether to access cards or credits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fortunasown wrote:
May I Rez any number of assets I have the capacity (credits, installed assets) to in one window?

For example: first turn I lay down 2 DRT and play hedge fund. No Ice. If they choose to account syphon me first click can I Rez both in the after the run is successful and must access window. On a related note where in the scenario do they choose whether to access cards or credits?

You may rez any number of assets or upgrades in each window, provided you can pay the costs required.

The runner decides at the access step, so if he sees 2 DRT rezzed, he can opt not to use the Siphon effect and access normally instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Burkhead
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Fantastic, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David O
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
mb
CommissarFeesh wrote:

You may rez any number of assets or upgrades in each window, provided you can pay the costs required.

The runner decides at the access step, so if he sees 2 DRT rezzed, he can opt not to use the Siphon effect and access normally instead.

Just so I'm clear on that scenario, Account Siphon is played but doesn't actually resolve until the end of the run?

The runner would approach HQ then, if he decides NOT to jack out, the Corp could rez DRT. Following the rez action, the run becomes successful and the runner still gets to decide if he wants to access cards from HQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hwangman wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

Just so I'm clear on that scenario, Account Siphon is played but doesn't actually resolve until the end of the run?

The runner would approach HQ then, if he decides NOT to jack out, the Corp could rez DRT. Following the rez action, the run becomes successful and the runner still gets to decide if he wants to access cards from HQ?

That's about the long and short of it, yep. To review the approach on a server:

4.0 - The Runner has passed all ICE and is approaching the attacked server.
4.1 - Paid abilities may be used (I've personally never seen this step used since you can't rez anything and 4.3 exists, but if anyone has used it before for good reason let me know!)
4.2 - Runner decides if they'd like to access or jack out (jacking out immediately has a run declared unsuccessful)
4.3 - Cards may be rezzed and paid abilities may be used (Tons of stuff can happen here, DRT rezzing is most relevant to the discussion at hand but ASH/Bernice are common)
4.4 - The run is considered Successful (this happens after 4.3 in order to make the ASH/Bernice Mai timing work and be unpreventable)
4.5 - Access cards (this is where the runner may choose any effects to replace accessing cards; Bank Job, Account Siphon, etc...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hwangman wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.