Subject: Question about Bernal stack and bernal token being carried rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if the bernal token is carried...is a bernal stack or rocket stack?
rules in A&C say this:

Your mass-10 Bernal can be moved as cargo in a MW or GW rocket

The stack of cards with the Bernal Card (supports, visiting colonists, etc.) is your Bernal Stack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chamberlain
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sircrowin wrote:
if the bernal token is carried...is a bernal stack or rocket stack?
rules in A&C say this:

Your mass-10 Bernal can be moved as cargo in a MW or GW rocket

The stack of cards with the Bernal Card (supports, visiting colonists, etc.) is your Bernal Stack

I've always assumed that it counts as the bernal stack, only if the bernal thruster is the thruster being used, but I'm honestly not sure what the actual intent of the rules is on this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The actual intent is that your rocket, indicated by where your rocket figure is located on the map, and your Bernal, indicated by where your Bernal token is on the map, can be moved separately.

Phil was being kind of loose with his wording there; what he means is that you can attach a MW/GW/TW thruster to your Bernal and use that to move it if you want to.

You are perfectly free to call your Bernal stack your rocket stack or vice versa, and to convert one into the other, as you wish, so long as you only have one rocket stack on the board at a time, and what you call your Bernal stack actually contains your Bernal.

On-board stacks (i.e. not your hand) in HF can be converted into each other more or less at will, so long as all other rules are obeyed (for example, you can only move cards into your LEO stack from another stack if that stack is at LEO, and you can only have two outpost stacks at the start or end of your turn). The only exceptions are (a) fractional fuel tanks are lost if you convert a rocket or Bernal stack into some other kind of stack, and (b) freighter stacks, which can only be produced by ET production if the freighter module is not used, or at the location of one's freighter card if the freighter module is used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it that Bernal as Cargo is not a Bernal Stack. Which makes sense since it's dissassembled. Consider you don't have the privilege either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chamberlain
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:
The simplest fix would be to change the sentence to read:

'Your mass-10 Bernal can be moved by a MW or GW thruster even if not promoted. It can also be moved by the Dirt Launcher freighter, using the freighter movement rules'.

That would be the simplest thing to do, if that is the correct interpretation. I've always played that it isn't a bernal stack if you are moving it with a different thruster, and that you can't move a bernal with a freighter, since that is what the rules imply. But honestly, this is one of those cases where Phil's actual intent may not be what the rules literally say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:
The simplest fix would be to change the sentence to read:

'Your mass-10 Bernal can be moved by a MW or GW thruster even if not promoted. It can also be moved by the Dirt Launcher freighter, using the freighter movement rules'.

I agree and have altered the Alive and Complete rules accordingly:

Q3 MOVING YOUR BERNAL
Your mass-10 Bernal can be moved by a MW or GW thruster as a Rocket Stack. It can also be moved in a Freighter Stack by the Dirt Launcher freighter, using the freighter movement rules. If promoted, it can also self-propel as a Bernal Stack per Q8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.