Subject: Counting down, Xenofaction Kickstarter still live. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Houghtaling
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
Hey everyone, This is Jake Gissin from Theory 12 Games, and I just wanted to take a moment and do two things.

First just to get this out of the way, I want to let you all know Theory 12 has a live kickstarter project for our game Xenofaction. It's 2/3 of the way through its funding period so there's still time left if this interests you. The link is below.

Second, I just wanted to introduce myself and Theory 12 Games. This company was co-founded by Eric Houghtaling and I for one simple reason, we wanted to make a board game. A game that we hadn't quite seen yet, elements put into scenarios we were craving. We didn't start with a company, we started with an idea, like most. That eventually turned into printed and hacked up pieces of cardboard and incorrect sizing's, terribly awful ms paint artwork, you know, the prototype you make and show no one but your close friends and family. As we worked at it, things developed further than we expected on our own and it was time to do something with it. As for most designers starting from nothing, no background in game design, no illustrative talents, nothing other than some great ideas and some graphic design experience, funding tends to be scarce putting it lightly. Of course that's where kickstarter comes in, and Theory 12 Games is created to be the vessel that carries our game Xenofaction to the light of day.

So I've told you why we made this game and company, but not what it is exactly. In one sentence, I would say it's a game where you have squads of unique characters, weapons you've never heard of, and abilities scanning the gambit, all whilst fending off Infected aliens, running from drones bent on securing the area and most of all making that tough decision on whether you continue your mission and strive towards victory, or indulge the lust for revenge and hunt your opponents down to take vengeance for their wrong doings. Granted that's a very long sentence, but I think it justly describes Xenofaction.

Theory 12 Games is just two guys with the dream of making an awesome board game (board games*, we seriously have at least 5 in the works.... anyone like Ninjas and assassins?. We are the underdog and we are hoping our game is viewed by people like you to be worthy of moving beyond the position of underdog, and something to get excited about.

Thanks for taking the time to get to know the basics about Theory 12 and Xenofaction, we really hope you get a chance to experience our game. Here's the link for our kickstarter if you find yourself intrigued enough;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/771471836/xenofaction-a...

Cheers,
Jake Gissin
Theory 12 Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.