Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't really a session report since I didn't take copious notes, but I've played the Monument twice against my wife. Despite the fact that she's not really a gamer, and in spite of all the time I've put into this game, she beat me both times.

During the most recent game she was the Dunwarr Dwarves and I was the Orcs of the Broken Plains. Early on, we both chose to remove a 3-gold card instead of destroying units in our hands. I bought 3 of the remaining 3-gold cards and later took the third from her using Mind Control. Yet my domination of Terrinoth's Influence wasn't enough. She was able to muster 13 gold to purchase her monument.

In both of the games, I let her go first, but when Change of Seasons hit, I became the first player. In both games, after my turn, I drew into enough gold to purchase my monument, but she built hers during her next turn, and since she was the last player, the round ended before I had a chance to build mine. So both were close games, but she's got me 2-0 so far.

Now if only I could get her to play the Runewars scenario . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
was that a humiliating defeat...

or an ultra-clever strategy to get your wife to play more Rune Age??? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMEx, the dwarves have slight advantage for the Monument scenario, while the orcs are slightly hindered..
Btw, you may try Monument solo play - to get some train in advance
The Monument scenario: Solo & Cooperative play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Speeg
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Do you attack each other, cities or home realms, during monuments or just play in the vacuum? With orcs I would recommend swinging into her with the 2-cost unit so you can destroy your 1-cost units and 1-g golds early and aggressively. Even if you loose combats against her, you are thinning and making your deck more streamlined for the mid game. Also you may get to discard her mining machine once or twice. When ever I play monuments, purchasing the monument is plan B, behind eliminating other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that you are not allowed to attack Home Realms during The Monument. You can attack each other's cities, but since I had all the cities (which I used to buy all the 3-gold) there was nothing I could attack to start a battle with her.

She did have a city early on, but I took that away pretty fast and she wasn't interested in taking it back, so I just sat on it the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Speeg
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
So you are right, and we totally missed the only special rule for the scenario. I can definitely see Dwarves being a problem in this scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.