Runewars» Forums » General

Subject: City Swap-Out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Having dusted off my Runewars, I found that I've forgotten what the exact deal is with all the cities. Supposedly, the original game has seven, and the expansion provided eight replacements, for a total of fifteen. What I actually have are 8 with a red back, and 14 with a grey back. The latter 14 contain twins with slight differences, mainly that one duplicate city has an influence icon where the other has a hero card icon.

Now, IIRC, the red-backed ones are the replacements, and there are dupes of the original seven because of printing errors. Is that correct? It's been years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I don't remember either the "misprinted" cities or the replacements having red backs in my copy. I'll have to look.

In any case, here are the proper cities:

BASE GAME:
* 1 Triangle, 2 Tactics, 2 Influence, 1 Quest
* 2 Triangles, 1 Tactics, 1 Influence, 2 Quest
* 1 Rectangle, 1 Tactics, 2 Influence, 1 Quest
* 1 Rectangle, 2 Tactics, 1 Influence, 1 Quest
* 1 Circle, 0 Tactics, 3 Influence, 2 Quest
* 2 Circle, 2 Tactics, 1 Influence, 1 Quest
* 0 Circle, 3 Tactics, 2 Influence, 1 Quest

BANNERS OF WAR: (I may have these one in my reference sheet wrong; I *THINK* they are right, though)
* 2 Triangle, 3 Tactics, 2 Influence, 1 Quest
* 2 Triangle, Dragon Rune, 2 Influence, 2 Quest
* 1 Rectangle, Dragon Rune, 2 Influence, 3 Quest
* 1 Rectangle, Dragon Rune, 3 Influence, 2 Quest
* 3 Circle, 3 Tactics, 0 Influence, 2 Quest
* 2 Circle, 0 Tactics, 4 Influence, 2 Quest
* 2 Circle, 3 Tactics, 4 Influence, 1 Quest
* 0 Circle, 4 Tactics, 2 Influence, 2 Quest

(And, of course, the Lost City: 3 Circle, 3 Tactics, 1 Influence, Dragon Rune)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steveg700 wrote:
The latter 14 contain twins with slight differences, mainly that one duplicate city has an influence icon where the other has a hero card icon.

Now, IIRC, the red-backed ones are the replacements, and there are dupes of the original seven because of printing errors. Is that correct? It's been years.

Yes

My Runewars (big box) also has 14 cities. Those with "hero card" icon are misprinted. (If memory servers, the extra punch board explained that).

Also our copy has one extra Elf faction board (another misprint).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steveg700 wrote:
Supposedly, the original game has seven, and the expansion provided eight replacements, for a total of fifteen.

When it comes to my copy, there are 7 city tokens in the base game with gray backs. The expansion comes with 8 alternate city tokens with red backs. They are NO replacement! They are there for a variant mentioned in the rulebook where you play with those instead of the 7 cities from the basegame. However, even with the expansion, you usually still play with the basegame cities. Thats also the reason why they have different colored backs.

When it comes to the replacement: I heard something about a misprint, but the others will help you here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
When it comes to the replacement: I heard something about a misprint, but the others will help you here

The first print run of the original edition had misprints on the 7 city tokens. But it also came with an extra cardboard sheet with replacements (IE, they caught the error after the print run was approved, but before the game was finished so were able to get the correct components in there as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.