Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Massey
United States
Salem
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephensons Rocket - Andrew, Jonathan & Craig: First of all, both Jonathan and Andrew commented on how the Catch Phrase timer would be a great addition to chess clocks. Beyond that the game turned out to be very competitive. I was able to get control of the green and orange RRs in the south early and ended up merging green into orange for an early score and then proceeded to isolate the orange line. This effectively takes the RR out of commission and no further shares can be gained unless other RRs merge into it. This meant that I would maintain the majority for the whole game and end game scoring unless I played like a dope. The rest of the RRs slowly merged into the Red line in the center of the board. I started pushing the Red south in an effort to get it to merge into the Orange. Throughout I would play single stations on the other lines and then merge them into Red to gain a majority of those as well. The game ended as expected with the red and yellow lines merging into the orange. I was at this point tied for first in stations and had the lead in shares which garned me large payouts for endgame scoring. Unfortunately, Jonathan had scored just enough during the game on the red line to edge me by $3k. So the strategy worked, but I needed to get just a hair more mid game scoring (one more token would have been enough - maybe two). I largely ignored the tokens this time. Andrew score the most on tokens, but he didn't get any money from the red line in the end which cost him any shot at the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.